I want to play basketball

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
I have been here for 2 years and have't found many sports teams for women. I love playing basketball, so I wanted to see if anyone knows any recreational teams or where I can go play from time to time. Thanks for any input.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where do youlive? That is important. In Santo Domingo there are several women's teams that compete. They are intense. In La Vega, Santiago and POP there are fewer. Mostly in local clubs (Clubes Deportivos) ..Vollyball is more popular than basketball.

Good luck.

HB

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have been here for 2 years and have't found many sports teams for women. I love playing basketball, so I wanted to see if anyone knows any recreational teams or where I can go play from time to time. Thanks for any input.

I put up a basketball badckboard with a net at my place, outside the gate on the entry drive. The local kids... sooo tallll.... come and ask for the ball and I get to watch.

Come up and have a game with the kids.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
where I can go play from time to time. Thanks for any input.

Since from this sentence it doesn't seem like you want to commit to a regular league schedule but just play when the mood strikes I would suggest you try some of the private international schools in SD and see if they would let you come be a scrimmage player during some of their varsity practices. Also quite often staff at these schools will have a "pickup night" that they meet and play sports. I would suggest you contact the Athletic Directors at the various schools for information.

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks for the replies, I actually would like to be apart of a team if anything like that exists, but I guess I will keep looking