Need to buy GOOD Washing machine and a Drying machine. Where on North?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi all!
As it would not stop raining and my old washer started to destroy my clothes i decided i need an upgrade. So im looking for a top load washer (not the one with a pole in the middle of the spinning bucket) and a dryer. May be Whirlpool or LG or what would you recommend? Id prefer to buy it online and have it delivered to my house in Sosua but if its not an option i would go to Santiago and it would be great if they do delivery.

Please enlighten me where to go to get what i need on reasonable price.
Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Keep in mind that many new washers are microprocessor controlled instead of using a mechanical timer. If you live in an area where the power might go out, you will have to start the machine over again from the beginning, unlike the mechanical timers which just pick up where they left off.

I have had good luck with Whirlpool and Kenmore ( usually Whirlpool models sold by Sears).

I have never had a washer delivered, but would consider Montero Shipping for that if I needed one.

Santodomingo

Nov 27, 2011
I am not able to answer your question 100%, but i'd still like to give you a little input. The best washers and dryers are the once from Miele. You can purchase those (price but verrryy long lasting machines) in Santo Domingo.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
La Sirena have Whirlpool Washing Machines. They cost +/- $20,000Rd.
They come with a 12 month guarentee.

They also deliver to Sosua.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have a top load 5 year old washer with little use and an elec. dryer. (not used for over 2 years and was saving as back ups) Nothing fancy. I'm in the Sosua area.

And YA. elec dryer costs but my cloths are dry, ironed and hung in my closet.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have a top load 5 year old washer with little use and an elec. dryer. (not used for over 2 years and was saving as back ups) Nothing fancy. I'm in the Sosua area.

And YA. elec dryer costs but my cloths are dry, ironed and hung in my closet.

I do not recall seeing your "Classified Ad"?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo, send me PM how much you want for them and pix may be? thx

Since they were NOT for sale and have them as back up for my main units, I have not advertised. Just because you asked did I post.

You are in Sosua? Best that you come and see them in person. I have not even thought of an asking price.

PM me when you wish to see them... make an offer... make a deal... I have a truck and can have them installed pronto.

LET'S KEEP THIS EASY?

PM to you also.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have a gas dryer too. It's a GE washer/dryer combo tower unit from PriceSmart. It's been running non-stop for six years now and still going strong. Very economical. A 20 gallon gas tank will last about four months.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I have a gas dryer too. It's a GE washer/dryer combo tower unit from PriceSmart. It's been running non-stop for six years now and still going strong. Very economical. A 20 gallon gas tank will last about four months.

Propane gas dryer?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We bought one from plaza lama in STI. We took it home, but they insisted on coming to install it the next day. They said this was necessary for the warranty.

At the time I thought this was a bit over the top, but hey.

The next day a technician arrived, hooked it up, explained the whole machine to us and made a test run.

The next 6 months we got regular calls from plaza lama inquiring how the machine was doing, and whether we needed some assistance. OK, every time they called they also informed us about their promotions... lol

Nevertheless, I was quite impressed...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Have you thought of using a "Suegramatica" to wash and dry your cloths?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Que es el vino mas amargo del mundo??"
"Vino mi Suegra"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
washing machine LG, huge. works fine for the last few years, bought in POP. drier whirlpool, runs on gas, gigantic, also bought in POP in a shop close to ferreteria edgar martinez.
sometimes small shops may have a gem...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I bought a Whirpool top loader from Distribuidora R. Gonzalez near the church in Puerto Plata. Best price I could find and speedy, free delivery to Cabarete. BUT - since then it has had to go back twice for lengthy microprocessor repairs. Under warranty, but it is my responsibility to get it back to POP which means paying someone with a truck.
I guess it could be just bad luck to have the microprocessor faults, but the moral of the story is that it's not always cheaper to shop far from home.