Looking for an electric keyboard and maybe guitar...

Lnbond

Nov 20, 2011
Anyone know a music shop or other store that would sell a piano keyboard or guitar? I'm not wanting to spend more than $100 on each. The only place I knew was plaza lama in SD and that was a negative.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
8 1/2 independencia, there is a music shop opposite KFC (on the right) before PizzaHut on the left heading out of the city. You'll get a really crappy guitar, maybe!, but you won't find a keyboard for $100. There is also a music store on the second floor in Plaza Central., I've seen ok guitars in there for 7,000RD$, but still bottom of the rack in quality and double what you want to spend.
Are you beginning or already play? A $100 guitar will be really bad quality, and sound terrible.
Consider second hand, pop to one of the university canteens and have a look on the notice board for sales.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
There is a music shop on the ground floor, Bella Vista mall. A good guitar goes for around 15000-17000DOP.
Like it's been already said, you can't get a quality keyboard for less than 100US.

The Blue Mall has a Casio store (think on the 5th floor). They import Keyboards from Panama. A hammered, 8 octave (88keys) keyboard sells from 58k DOP.

And on that note, if anyone knows of a christmas concert (classical type) being held anywhere in the city, kindly let me know.

Good luck!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I believe there was a directory listing of music stores in the DR on this thread earlier. Did it get deleted? If someone has the link can you pm me please?

thanks!

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
It will take a little effort, but you can sometimes find some good buys on guitars and such at the Compra-Ventas (pawnshops) especially in the tourist areas. My brother-in-law picked up a very nice Yamaha acoustic guitar a few years ago at a compra venta in Sosua for about $75 usd with case.