Burnt to Death in Accidents

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think flying off a cliff and crashing to the ground would cause a gas tank to explode - that's even if the people survived.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo's primo died in this crash on the malecon in POP. people say that the car was modified to have an extra "boost". something to do with nitrogen?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Solid tanks

I think flying off a cliff and crashing to the ground would cause a gas tank to explode

Hmm, I do not think the tanks explode, but maybe the regulator gets knocked off and then the pressurized gas jets all over the place.
But are they not installed by professionals..?

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
miesposo's primo died in this crash on the malecon in POP. people say that the car was modified to have an extra "boost". something to do with nitrogen?

Sorry to hear that. My condolences. It sounds like he had a nitro-methane system like street racers use. Vin Diesel movies feature them.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008

Would this be nitrous oxide? The stuff dentists use?
Anyway, condolences to the family.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hmm, I do not think the tanks explode, but maybe the regulator gets knocked off and then the pressurized gas jets all over the place.
But are they not installed by professionals..?

donP

I was talking about the gasoline tank actually.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Our condolences to the family Dorota, what a tragedy....

AE

donP

Dec 14, 2008
They Do Exist

Can't be....that would eliminate Dominican negligence from the equation....What would donP have to instigate and spew about?

Nothing really.
I went to Santiago to inquire about a professional installation of an LPG system.
What I saw in two workshops was quite good and what put me off was only the fear of driving around with such volatile fuel.

And BTW, whenever I have problems with my inverters, I know where to go.
It is a very intelligent young Dominican guy who works without any wiring diagram and has solved ANY inverter problem so far, much better and cheaper than the 'pros'...

donP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Can't be....that would eliminate Dominican negligence from the equation....What would donP have to instigate and spew about?

Don has surprised me recently with some positive posts about Dominicans so I'm not sure what his issue is - maybe it's just a hobby. :)

Nov 25, 2008
Now what's a 17 year old doing in a mod car like that....where's the parents? I'm sure they wont forgive themselves knowing that if they were "watching" their kids this could have been avoided.
Not all pleasures should be given to kids...... consequences are not forgiving

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Would this be nitrous oxide? The stuff dentists use?
Anyway, condolences to the family.

yes, quite possibly. in any case the fault was not in the car itself but in a foolish driver. explosion on impact was really bad luck but there would be no explosion if the boy was driving within speed limits and with some thought put into it. there would be no accident then. full stop.

car crash survival is often due to sheer luck and the death is due to the lack of it. one can crash slightly and snap the neck but i have seen a dude crash his opel so bad it broke into pieces no bigger than my handbag and he did not even have one scratch. heck, my friend wrapped his peugeot around the lampost so that he could see his tail lights and he got out and went to have something to eat while waiting for the cops to arrive...

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Frankly, WHO cares?

Sorry to be blunt and possibly seem to lack some sensitivity training. But...
Haven't we had about the same situation, what a year or so ago or so, with the Ferrari which broke in two pieces when it "slowly" bumped into or shall we say "gently NUDGED" a concrete post in Santo Domingo, as the after math of a street race downtown?

JEVITOS, 16 and 17 at the wheels of a Chevy Camaro... on a very rainy day... trying to be mas "chevere" than anybody else and put those what, 300HP onto a wet street... a public avenue! What's there to feel sorry for? We should just be glad, they didn't hit anybody.

Well, I feel sorry for the body guard they had die with them and the Coconut tree they flew into RACING on the Malecon.
Just like with the concrete pole in Santo Domingo, it could have been PEOPLE, kids, a whole family, as they usually stroll around the Malecon they could have flown into.

And, TOLD'ya too! Did I not warn about the Camaro roaring up and down the Malecon months ago?!?

Now their gone and the Camaro too. They wanted to be "firster"... so they are... I can't bring my self to feel sorry for them or the family who fueled the stupidity by giving KIDS access to such a vehicle, with that idiotic attitude some locals have once they have a few "chelitos" more than most... they would have met the same fate sooner or later, and probability has it, that instead of a Coconut tree, they would have taken more innocent people with them. It's not about rain, or "mala suelte", it's about the dumb ass show-off attitude.

Maybe parents will eventually get it, that if they have money, it would behoove them, their kids and most everybody if they'd put these assets to work on their brat's education and and morale. But then, I doubt it.

... J-D

Nov 25, 2008
JD the moral part does not exist because the parents are without it; maybe the grandparents should have done a better job....but then again it all falls on the responsibility of the parents.
Too late to blame anyone ...

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
same way with trash, if you dont teach your kids not to litter then that generation is lost and the next one doesnt know whats right, right now the dr is 3 generations behind

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
This is it

Frankly, WHO cares?

Sorry to be blunt and possibly seem to lack some sensitivity training. But...
Haven't we had about the same situation, what a year or so ago or so, with the Ferrari which broke in two pieces when it "slowly" bumped into or shall we say "gently NUDGED" a concrete post in Santo Domingo, as the after math of a street race downtown?

JEVITOS, 16 and 17 at the wheels of a Chevy Camaro... on a very rainy day... trying to be mas "chevere" than anybody else and put those what, 300HP onto a wet street... a public avenue! What's there to feel sorry for? We should just be glad, they didn't hit anybody.

Well, I feel sorry for the body guard they had die with them and the Coconut tree they flew into RACING on the Malecon.
Just like with the concrete pole in Santo Domingo, it could have been PEOPLE, kids, a whole family, as they usually stroll around the Malecon they could have flown into.

And, TOLD'ya too! Did I not warn about the Camaro roaring up and down the Malecon months ago?!?

Now their gone and the Camaro too. They wanted to be "firster"... so they are... I can't bring my self to feel sorry for them or the family who fueled the stupidity by giving KIDS access to such a vehicle, with that idiotic attitude some locals have once they have a few "chelitos" more than most... they would have met the same fate sooner or later, and probability has it, that instead of a Coconut tree, they would have taken more innocent people with them. It's not about rain, or "mala suelte", it's about the dumb ass show-off attitude.

Maybe parents will eventually get it, that if they have money, it would behoove them, their kids and most everybody if they'd put these assets to work on their brat's education and and morale. But then, I doubt it.

... J-D

JDJones said:
Did anyone notice the names of the kids? These were "hijos de mami y papi", with a bodyguard, no less.

What parent in their right mind gives a car like this to a 17 yr. old kid??

I'm with JD.

I can?t believe what I?m reading here and I?m almost lost on words, I can?t describe how disgusted I am.

Years ago I used to be a regular member here on this board, but like many others from the ?old times? I also noticed the change of quality and manners of member?s comments in the past years. I still only lurked in here at times - one still could find less often than before, but still sometimes useful information, or at least entertaining threads. Well, after reading those comments here in this thread, even my lurking times will be over for good. This is it.
Yes, I know, this is a public message board where everybody can post and express their opinion, but I miss the times from years ago, when members still had common sense to be respectful and the at least basic manners to express themselves, even if they disagreed.

My daughter knew the boys who lost their lives, in fact she met them less than an hour before their tragic accident. From her talking in shock to the friends they had in common, I picked up some facts about this story, which obviously are unknown to J D Sauser or JD Jones and others here on this board. But this is no excuse for them or gives them any right to question the parent?s responsibility or judge or even blame them. How dare you!

It is my understanding, that none of the boys were behind the wheel, but their private driver (which is like I?m told also quite common in those circles, most teenagers of wealthy Dominican families do have their private chauffeurs) ? not really an irresponsible act by the parents to hire employees to drive their kids around, uh?? It?s true, there are parents that let their kids drive here, and while this and reckless driving in general is for sure something that can be discussed in a separate thread ? it is not relevant as this was not the case or cause of the accident.
I also overheard a conservation that there was another car involved ? I don?t even want to go there, that?s hearsay and speculations and I don?t know those details why and how the driver lost control over the car ? and THIS is what DOES NOT MATTER.

What does matter is that 3 people (2 teenagers and their driver) lost their life in a tragic accident.
What does matter is that - even as a mother myself ? I can?t nearly imagine the pain those parents and families of the deceased must go through.
What does matter is that nobody, no JD?s or people who ?like? them should think it?s appropriate to comment on a public message board about the parents? responsibility without knowing any details about the kids, about the accident. Everybody with a little bit brain left should have enough respect and know better. This is clearly not the time to add to the parents? unbelievable pain by posting such incompetent comments.

It is simple wrong by nature to survive your child, but loosing a child in such a horrible way ? the worst thing that can ever happen to a parent (rich or poor) became reality on Saturday evening. Nobody should ever have to experience such a tragedy.

JoseCarlos and Freddy and their driver (sorry, I don?t know his name and I do not want to look it up on one of those Dominican news sites filled with horrible images)
? may you rest in peace and my deepest sincere condolences to the parents.
I hope you will somehow somewhen find a way to get over the unimaginable pain you must be feeling and I sincerely hope that such arrogant people like some of those posting here on DR1 will never cross you (or my!) path.

It makes me feel dirty just posting here now, knowing I?m ?near? such people like J D Sauser or JD Jones and others that agree with them and like their posts ? even if it?s just in cyber space. All I can say is that I would vomit over you, if you only would be within my range.

After I submit this post I will delete my account here on DR1, I clearly don?t belong here anymore ? I probably should have done so years ago. I do not want to be a member of such a community shared by people who so immensely disgust me.
But, before I go, I also want to thank DR1 for the ?old good times?, I think it?s over decade ago now, when I found here on the board true friendships that hopefully will last for many, many decades more. Good Bye,

quaqualita

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
As a parent with three children I can't say I would relish in the suffering of any parent losing a child.

Still, if it is true that these same kids have been street racing for months in the same area it was only a matter of time and would be a miracle that no innocent bystander was lost. While any loss of life is regrettable it is difficult to grieve for people who appear to have blatantly put in harms way so many innocent people on a regular basis. Maybe the truth will not be known but I believe it certainly relevant and correct to condemn such irresponsible actions. If the parents had this attitude or some of their close friends had spoken up chances are the kids would be still be around. Sometimes doing the proper thing is not the popular thing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i understand the families want to put the blame on the driver, who wouldn't? since i am not bothered with imagenes fuertes i did look at noticias and nearly all of them say the car was driven by one of the kids (save for listin diario but i never trusted the government paper). i also remember actual paper papers saying exactly the same a day after the accident.
and i spoke to the eye witness who saw camaro with a kid behind the wheel driving at high speed back ond forth on the malecon just before the accident.
so please spare me this "no fui yo". people here have no guts to admit own mistakes.
i am sorry for the families of everyone who died. death always sucks. but i am glad those halwifts did not kill an innocent passer bye or did not crash with another car full of people.