Dominican professionalism

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Dominican professionalism

We all know that the other thread was mercilessly used to vent and put down some posters...

But ain't it funny that DR1 front page brings about a nice article today:

Emir of Qatar to visit the DR

The Minister of Foreign Relations, Carlos Morales Troncoso, has announced that the Emir of Qatar, Hanad bin Kalifa al Thani would be visiting the Dominican Republic in March 2012. The announcement came at the end of a meeting held in Doha, in which the Emir expressed an interest in visiting the Dominican Republic, saying that Qatari companies could make significant investments in the tourism sector. Qatari Deputy Prime Minister Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Attiyah, the Minister of Foreign Relations, Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Attiyah and the Minister of Energy and Industry, Mohammed bin Saleh Al Sabah also took part in the meeting.

As reported in Listin Diario, Morales Troncoso said that the Qatari dignitaries said that they were interested in Dominican construction companies for carrying out several projects. Even more interesting are the work opportunities for qualified Dominican professionals in medicine, petroleum engineering and the aeronautical sector. Several Dominicans are already working in the Gulf state, piloting aircraft for Qatar Airways, engineers in the oil fields and several doctors in the health sector, and one is even the head of Trauma at the Hamad Hospital.

Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service
Daily News - Tuesday, 29 November 2011 (Archived Daily News)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He is coming to get laid!
Have you seen those Arab chicks?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Thanks for the good laugh anyway!
"Dominican Construction companies"???????..Yah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mar 2, 2008
The Qataris are known for being as bent as the Dominicans.

What a joke.

Pichardo and Chip, please! You're killing us with your humor. Save it for Funny Friday.

So a couple of Arabs want to visit a place where they can abuse beautiful women and write it off as a business expense. What does that have to do with professionalism.

What a joke is absolutely right!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Now I am Laughing!
Every Dominican on the island wants to go to "Nueba Yol", and we envy a bald Dominican and a rag head????
BWABWABWAHAHA!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Why is he here?

Qatari cheerleaders:

3382024527_2b7020df86.jpg

Dominican Cheerleaders:

ImgDyn.cfm

But seriously, what do you expect him to say? The truth?

"I'm really disappointed they've sent me back here, but I have to do my job. The last time I was here, a motorconcho almost ran into my motorcade. They fed me a funny bland banana for lunch, and I got diarrhea from brushing my teeth with tap water. If that wasn't bad enough, when the screw fell out of my glasses, they tried to fix the glasses with a hammer and liquid cement. They sure are a funny bunch, but oh well the music is good and the women are liberal..."

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Speaking of Dominican professionalism, we can all agree it is lacking (did I spell that right ? :) ) but I have a good example of a project; the cable stayed bridge Mauricio Baez in San Pedro de Macorix. The design was done by an Italian firm and the construction done by a Dominican, Mexican, Brazilian and Italian firms.

Dominican law also limits how much foreign involvement to ensure Dominican companies are involved to a great deal. In this case the firm Mera, Mu?oz and Fondeur from Santiago was the main Dominican partner firm.

While many will make the point that the design was done by an Italian firm most fail to take into account the DR is a small country with less than 10M inhabitants and thus it is difficult for junior engineers to get the required experience on such grandiose project. This required experience certainly varies by country but generally is a matter of multiple years and therefore is impossible for local engineers to get the required experience. Still with major growth in the capital and the continued construction of towers and long span bridges it will be only a matter of maybe a generation when there will be enough experience in the engineering and construction fields so that Dominican firms can bid on these types of projects.

Mauricio_B%C3%A1ez_bridge.jpg

Mauricio B?ez Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RD-3 | Puente Mauricio B?ez | 660 m / 2165 pies | San Pedro | Hilo oficial - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"IF, "IFs" and "Buts",were "Candy and Nuts",Every day would be CHRISTMAS!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
If I get there, I will post some pics of a bridge for pedestrians being built in Sabaneta de Yasica over the river. I can tell you right now I will NEVER walk across that bridge.

You have to be a kamikaze to do so