Has anyone used google adwords for their site/business?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I was looking into google adwords to advertise our site, so I was wondering if anyone here had even tried them before for their site or business (or anything else), and if it was worth it.

Thanks.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
I was looking into google adwords to advertise our site, so I was wondering if anyone here had even tried them before for their site or business (or anything else), and if it was worth it.

Thanks.

It doesn't depend on google adwords, it depends on you. Picking the right acquisition methods, converting customers after they land, keeping your budget in order, that's mainly up to you not google.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com

Thanks.

I have used Google Adwords from time to time. Although we rank pretty high anyhow, I use it to keep track of trends. People tend to surf for different things which all relate one way or another to my offering. I offer a vacation rental here but I rank pretty well for that on all the major search engines.

However, using PPC (pay per click) on Google and Bing let me know that a lot of people were searching for "beach vacation" and "beach villa" in the past few weeks. So I am able to capture people who are looking for vacations here but for which I am not organically optimized at the moment (and given 100+ pages on my website, I am unlikely to change).

So I use PPC for keeping track of trends more than anything. Positioning in those 'new trends' is useful, to be sure, but mostly its research!

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
basically comes down to how much you'll end up paying for clicks vs how much business you get from those clicks - in competitive niches clicks can be very expensive. You can setup daily limit, also sometimes there are promotions where google gives a bit of free adwords cash.