Help! Travel Agent

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I am taking my team from DR and some American artists to Guyana on the 13th of Dec and because the company hiring me only sent me the money to purchase flights today (3 weeks late) I am now finding almost impossible to find availabilty to get the total of 19 people there from different locations.

Does anyone know of a good Travel agent that can help me with this nightmare and do all the footwork for me, and also it will be easier to just pay a lump some to one person rather than having to mess around online, most of which wont let me book more than 6 people.

Sorry to post this in Living section but I need to resolve this quickly.

Anyone that can help (or that has a private jet at this stage ha ha) I would be very grateful!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
There is a travel agent in Sosua called Melissa Tours, across from Bailey's going towards Pedro Clisante. Very nice people; perhaps they can help.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Uhm,,, just a thought, do you have your visa's yet ?. I believe Dominicans need visa'a for entry into Guyana.

Feb 7, 2007
BLUE is the only real travel agent around, all others are what would be referred in the USA as "home-based" agents (even though they have offices) because they work through affiliated agencies. Blue is part of TUI (TUI is owner of Thomson and First Choice, for example).
Call them at 809-200-1778 Blue Travel Partner Services

Feb 7, 2007
In La Romana there is Turinter, they are also a professional agency, just by the central park. They charge ticket fees, though. 809-813-0565 and 809-813-5151 www.turinter.com

Now, in SD there is a real professional agency but also a costly one, they organize a lot of business travel, EMELY TOURS www.emelytours.com.do

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Emely Tours is very efficient - you can deal with them over the phone. Ask for Carmen Do??, queen of multitasking - worth a visit to their offices to see her in action.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If there?s 19 of you, it might be worth your while in chartering your own plane. SAP (a Dominican charter airline) have a jetstream 31 and a Beechcraft 1900 that could do it for you direct. Why don?t you ask them for a quote SAP Group You might be surprised that it could be more cost effective than going commercial via Miami, or Bogota, or Caracas etc..