Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TY to the owner of a ruby Porche Cayenne in Cabarete

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TY to the owner of a ruby Porche Cayenne in Cabarete

Around 5 PM today, I was driving someone home, when right outside of Cabarete, just past Janet's, I passed the above mentioned car.

All of a sudden the young gringa driving this car decided, without reason whatsoever, to complete swerve from her side of the road to the other one.

In order to avoid an accident, I literally had to throw my car into a skid, which lasted at leat 50 yards, to then throw it into a reverse skid, to avoid a moto.

I hope for you, you were drunk, or ****ed out of your mind by your sankie.... otherwise there is no excuse for your driving.

You were just as bad as the worst Dominican drivers I have seen here...

Sorry.

2. Likes SKing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet she was texting. But how do you know for sure she was a gringa?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

got a very good look at her when my car was sideways

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Dominican sister-in-law who looks more like a gringa than I do....... you can't be sure just on looks!!

AE

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

a blonde???

although I cannot be sure if she was a real blonde... lol

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks pretty much like a Russian girl/woman driving, I had similar situations back home with this kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Disgusting!!

8. Likes ExtremeR liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the sister-in-law I was referring to IS a blonde. Dark blonde. Naturally. Pure Dominican.

AE

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

AE, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

To be honest, I was too busy controlling the skid and cursing her at the same time...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    AE, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

To be honest, I was too busy controlling the skid and cursing her at the same time...
    I have found that many gringas and gringos become Dominicanized, after even a very short period of time here. Some, who consider themselves to be very proficient drivers in their native counties, adapt very quickly to the substandard level of driving that is required to survive on Dominican roads.

It is like a self-sustaining virus. Either one becomes infected by the virus or one becomes a part of it. Some of the worst drivers are those who have become Dominicanized.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found that often people come to the DR and rapidly discover the lack of rules of the road and enforcement of laws here. It sounds like a good thing but then THEY become the ones to be afraid of. North Americans, for example, are schooled in defensive driving which will get you killed in this country of offensive drivers.

Probably the creep in the overpriced car was a non-Dominican without skills in really driving but with substantial skills in drinking! We're glad you "surf" sideways well!

13. Likes Acira liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast