Ok last Question of the Day! Dr1 has helped me tremendously and is saving me dough!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Is this an item I will be able to find at most Hardware Stores in Bavaro Area, or will I need to cut it into 2 halves to fit into my suitcase. The entry door to "my apartment" has a space of about half an inch at the bottom...
I was going to install a "bristle sweep seal" or "rubber sweep seal"... Not sure which one is better for the climate.
I'm bringing my tools/drill.. And last question should I use "stainless steel screws"...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Regarding the question re screws, you are better off with SS if you have it. I lived on a cruising sailboat for many years and find that living in my apartment in Sosua is about the same due to the air off the ocean causing corrosion.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes you will find them in Fruisa or anywhere else without many probs, or just save your money, take the door off and nail a length of rope to the bottom.

Aug 21, 2007
Someone brought them to me from the US. Best gift I ever got! I believe the rubber ones can be bent to fit in a suitcase. Never have seen them here, but truthfully, never looked beyond the North Coast.

Lindsey

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Is this an item I will be able to find at most Hardware Stores in Bavaro Area, or will I need to cut it into 2 halves to fit into my suitcase. The entry door to "my apartment" has a space of about half an inch at the bottom...
I was going to install a "bristle sweep seal" or "rubber sweep seal"... Not sure which one is better for the climate.
I'm bringing my tools/drill.. And last question should I use "stainless steel screws"...
I would opt for the bristle. As mentioned many of these are bendable. Yes ss screws and also the strip should be brass or stainless.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've got one packed in a suitcase right now. Fits diagonally. I know they sell them in DR, but we've been disappointed in the quality of so many hardware items there, so we bring what we can from the US. I used to wonder why my husband bought so much "stuff" here and then paid to ship what was heavy or didn't fit in our suitcases - then I really looked at most of the "stuff" there, and I understood.

AE

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Will that type of strip keep out the annoying and ubiquitous black worm things that I have to spend the first ten minutes of every day sweeping out of mi casa?? and if it doesn't keep them out...is there any insecticide to get rid of them?!!! Gracias- :)