Why don't illegals sleep at night???

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Why don't illegals sleep at night??? You can hear them at all hours of the night in Santiago talking very loud. I don't stay in a barrio, but they can afford apartments near where I stay because they split the rent between like 30 of them! People have to work the next day!
Real question: Why do they talk so loud if the person is 2 feet in front of them?

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Maybe they do it to wind you up??
Have you talked to them about it?
No its not just in my area, I have noticed the noise problem everywhere in Santiago. They also stay in empty houses that are under construction.

I have not said anything yet because the other people in that area that have a job are always yelling at them.

Feb 7, 2007
I also have noticed that 1 Haitian renter makes 20 a family. People here in the East do not like to rent nice houses or apartments to Haitians, because they know you rent to ONE and in no time there are TWENTY of them living in the place.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The reason they speak so loud is that they listen to thier music cranked to 400 decibels and are all deaf to age 25. A great business to start here would be selling hearing aids

Bob K

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
That must be terrible, living 20 people to a house.
You gotta feel sorry for them, rather than some douche who is having his beauty sleep interrupted.

Mods, I am trying to go gently with this pigxswill.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Long Distance Calls

You can hear them at all hours of the night in Santiago talking very loud.

They are pobably calling their folks in Haiti. :alien:
iPhone microphones are lousy... :knockedou

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Haitians"????????????
The same could be said about "Dominicans"!
I KNOW!
"Maybe",those "illegales",are "talking loud",sleeping "20 to a house",and using the street for a garbage dump,AND a toilet,to "blend in with the LOCALS"!
Most people who rent houses here, don't rent to Dominicans either.Haven't you seen,"Solo Para Extranjero" in the "Clasificados"?
How about the so called"MUSIC",blaring from Colmados and HUGE car speakers all night long?
And if you have never been in the DR for a presidencial election,you have a real "treat" instore!!!!!!!"
"SPEAKER TRUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
And why do the idiots keep roosters in nice sections of Santiago to wake everyone up at 4AM. Simple, they just do.

Sounds like someone is having trouble adjusting to all things Dominican ( or Haitian ).

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Simple answer - they sleep during the day.

Actually some start work before first light and its natural to wake up in the cool - about 2 or 3 o clock in the Morning.
When Jamaicans and other West Indians first arrived in London UK this was their pattern also.
Bars were expensive hence they copied the Irish and organized shebeens ; these still persisted till a few years back in parts of the UK and may exist today. The shebeen is also an important part of South African life.

I do not have figures on the exact part that Haitians play in Dominican economic life but I guess it must be significant in farming, construction, tourism etc. Many live as cheaply as possible so they can send money back to Haiti.

pi2

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
That must be terrible, living 20 people to a house.
You gotta feel sorry for them, rather than some douche who is having his beauty sleep interrupted.

Mods, I am trying to go gently with this pigxswill.

Beauty sleep??? On weekdays people in that are are trying to sleep so they can go to work and perform well at their job!
Feel sorry for them??? Why??? They should be glad that they are in DR for now, and that Dominicans have helped them for so many years!

I never said that the can not talk loud during the day...

I can tell that you are not a true Dominican... I am Dominican and I will not go down to your level and start name calling! I started this thread because this is a true problem affecting areas all over DR! I never offended your people.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I also have noticed that 1 Haitian renter makes 20 a family. People here in the East do not like to rent nice houses or apartments to Haitians, because they know you rent to ONE and in no time there are TWENTY of them living in the place.

Some owners around the area where I stay live outside of DR and are just looking for rent money. They do not care about the area.
Many nice places with higher rents have the same problem that you pointed out because they all split the rent.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
"Haitians"????????????
The same could be said about "Dominicans"!
I KNOW!
"Maybe",those "illegales",are "talking loud",sleeping "20 to a house",and using the street for a garbage dump,AND a toilet,to "blend in with the LOCALS"!
Most people who rent houses here, don't rent to Dominicans either.Haven't you seen,"Solo Para Extranjero" in the "Clasificados"?
How about the so called"MUSIC",blaring from Colmados and HUGE car speakers all night long?
And if you have never been in the DR for a presidencial election,you have a real "treat" instore!!!!!!!"
"SPEAKER TRUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The loud music at the colmados are located in the barrios... I am talking about the better areas. The higher rents are no protection anymore because they split the rent between a bunch of them. Also, the loud music and all that you added is ok during the day. It is part of DR, but it has to be off by midnight on weekdays

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Feel sorry for them??? Why??? They should be glad that they are in DR for now, and that Dominicans have helped them for so many years!

Don't be an ass, it works both ways. Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour. Spending all your working hours bitching about how things could be better rather than getting on and making things better, you could learn a thing or two from the Haitian work ethic.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Simple answer - they sleep during the day.

Actually some start work before first light and its natural to wake up in the cool - about 2 or 3 o clock in the Morning.
When Jamaicans and other West Indians first arrived in London UK this was their pattern also.
Bars were expensive hence they copied the Irish and organized shebeens ; these still persisted till a few years back in parts of the UK and may exist today. The shebeen is also an important part of South African life.

I do not have figures on the exact part that Haitians play in Dominican economic life but I guess it must be significant in farming, construction, tourism etc. Many live as cheaply as possible so they can send money back to Haiti.

pi2

Many don't work. I see them hanging out. Those are the one making the problems

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Don't be an ass, it works both ways. Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour. Spending all your working hours bitching about how things could be better rather than getting on and making things better, you could learn a thing or two from the Haitian work ethic.

Feeling sorry for someone does not give them the right to not follow any rules