killing mosquitoes the fun way. (electric racket)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wow, I have finally found the electric racket in la sirena for 145 pesos (without batteries-2 AA). It's available in the ferreteria section of la sirena where they have paint and plumbing parts. there is a counter there where a they sell locks and other items as well. Its called raquete de matar mosquitos (something like this). Just 145 pesos plus you buy 2 AA batteries and the fun begins. make sure the metal grill is not bent and making a short with the inside grill. this will produce constant sparks and will damage the device.
this is what it looks like:

Mosquito_Racket_CE_RoHS_certified_Appearance_Design_Patented.jpg

it works like a charm and makes killing mosquitoes most enjoyable.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We played with one in the campo outside San Jose de las Matas last summer, and it was a riot. We whacked flies around the roast pig. ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!!!

145 pesos? On my La Sirena list now, thanks AZB :classic:

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Those exact same zappers have been available in the BVI for several years. They work great but they loose their strength to zap over time - made in china ya know..........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Those exact same zappers have been available in the BVI for several years. They work great but they loose their strength to zap over time - made in china ya know..........

well, I hate to tell you but you do have to change the batteries from time to time. hahahaha. just joking.
for 145 pesos, i would be glad to buy many more. How did i ever live without this gadget? it's more fun that being on dr1. hehehe
AZB

May 5, 2007
I used to love the "dart" gun with a circular screen you used to kill house flies, this tool looks like a good way to entertain yourself while sitting around the camp fire having a couple Cokes

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
i USED TO HAVE COUPLE OF THEM. IN PERIOD OF TIME THEY DEVELOP RESISTANCE. I HAD OBSERVED THAT THE VOLTAGE IS NOT ENOUGH TO KILL THEM. I HAD OBSERVED THAT THEY GET KNOCK DOWN AND FLEW OFF AFTER SOMETIME.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i USED TO HAVE COUPLE OF THEM. IN PERIOD OF TIME THEY DEVELOP RESISTANCE. I HAD OBSERVED THAT THE VOLTAGE IS NOT ENOUGH TO KILL THEM. I HAD OBSERVED THAT THEY GET KNOCK DOWN AND FLEW OFF AFTER SOMETIME.

Did you use all CAPS while trying to kill them?

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Ah.......i tried but with no help after two bottles of brugal.

MY KEY BOARD IS IN CAPS BUT I SEE THE POST IS IN NORMAL. MAY BE THE MAJIC OF BRUGAL

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
They tell tourist to drink rum because the mosquitos will not bite them as much. Don't drink rum then the mosquitos will know that you are fresh meat lol

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

in my case, the racket not only shocks them but burns them up good. I almost see a flame come out of them and the bigger mosquito actually create a burning smell.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
in my case, the racket not only shocks them but burns them up good. I almost see a flame come out of them and the bigger mosquito actually create a burning smell.
AZB
I've seen small flies sorta explode...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm still drying to figure out why these damn mosquitos still love me unlike the locals who they seem to care less for. I mean I eat everything the locals do and they still go after me. At least now they mostly leave me alone except for the ankles and forearms. I'm even at the point of eating mondongo and habichuelas con dulce to be relieved of this plague. :)

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I'm still drying to figure out why these damn mosquitos still love me unlike the locals who they seem to care less for. I mean I eat everything the locals do and they still go after me. At least now they mostly leave me alone except for the ankles and forearms. I'm even at the point of eating mondongo and habichuelas con dulce to be relieved of this plague. :)
drink more mamajuana lol

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
if your in Santo Domingo, go to bario Chino just north of Mella - bunch of Asian importer stores there and you can get these for around $100 pesos.