Food!

Ely

Dec 4, 2011
Someone knows where can I buy frozen pie crust here in Santo Domingo... I'm trying to make a dutch pumpkin apple pie and I can't find crust any where and I don't really feel like making it from scratch. Thanks a lot!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ely, PJT has to laugh, finding frozen pie crust in the DR is like finding a honest politician, next to impossible. Me thinks because of the holiday season there may be a few markets that may offer the commodity as a special. However, PJT has no clue where. Some posters may have some inside information. Posters in the know, help the Newbie.

Good luck !!

Regards,

PJT

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've seen pie crust mixes in bags, Betty Crocker or something, in La Sirena and Supermercado Nacional...

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
The Betty Crocker pie crust mix is easy to use, just add water. Made 2 pumpkin and 1 apple using the crust and people raved about it. La Sirena (sometimes). Tropical, and City Market is where we found it.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
ummm... why not just flour, butter, and a little water???? there is a reason for the expression, "easy as pie".

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks guys, now all I can think of is pie now after being comfortable eating plantain and beans and rice over the last year.

Fortunately I will see my mom in a couple of weeks so all I have to do is decided what type of pie do I want with my graham cracker pie crust. Hmm, lemon meringue, chocolate, cherry, apple, all of the above. :)

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Pie crust for a fruit pie is 'simple as pie' as CaptnGlenn says....

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk

Mix it all together real good (it will get doughy). Put it in the pie pan. Push it down with a fork and up the sides as well. Poke holes in the bottom with a fork. You are done.

This is the easiest 'sweet' crust I know. You don't even have to roll it. Just make sure it's not too thick on the bottom. Thinner is better all around.

I have other recipes for 'regular' pie crust but I've found you need to roll them. But this one is dead simple.