Claro Codetel New Thomson TG580 DSL Wireless Router

Dumbar

Dec 16, 2010
Hi guys..

I've bought this new wireless dsl crap from Claro Codetel DR (Thomson TG580 DSL Wireless Router) and suddenly I felt the need to make adjust some configurations on inside (10.0.0.1 stuff) were you can change few parameters according to what you want. It seems like they're blocked everything to get into it, because I've tried a lot of things all around, even reseting it to it's default. All default passwords and usernames. All serials below the modem and all stuff you can imagine, with no success.

Is someone having the same issue with this piece of **** or did someone finally got into it..??

Any help will be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
Hi Dumbar,

This is not uncommon for ISPs to do - so they can lock the use of the connection for open ports and similar usage. It`s a poor practice on the part of an ISP.

You have a couple options.. that depends on what you`re after and the information you have.

1. Talk to Claro and either have them configure it or show you how. This is the best option so you don`t mess things up by accident.

2. If what you require in the router is local (such as local printing, local services like DHCP modifications or Wifi changes).. you might just get another router (of your own), rout it through the Thomson router and configure it as you need. It`s one extra hop to get the configuration options you need.

3. If you have your PPOE (DSL) login information and the configuration required to get back online, you could just do a hardware reset --> Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter = this is the MOST extreme option and may not go as well as you`d like.. so be very cautious when doing this.

Hope this helps.. good luck in getting what you`re after.
Kevin