A new club for success

ichinobond

Aug 16, 2005
I am a Dominican raised in the U.S.. I have modest assets in the D.R., and resources in many places there. I am looking to build a group of similar positive minded people with the goal to create a club in witch we all join our forces sort to speak to help one another to attain our goals (whatever they may be). A group where all rally to support the one and the one supports the group. I know to be true that when a group of like minded positive thinkers pool their resources; success is likely. I, being raised in the U.S., have skills, training and experiences that are and can be useful to another. In the D.R., I have contacts/resources in places that can be of use to the same. My thought is - A group that achieves what I have in mind can- not only realize "their" individual dream and that of others in a shorter time period with greater ease, but realize goals at a higher level. Please.., only serious minded people need reply. I am presently in Miami Fla. Thanx for your time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why does the company AMWAY come to mind? That said, best of luck on your club.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The DR is a tight market but a smart person can take advantage of the areas of business that have historical high rate of returns.

If you are not looking for partners for capital investment I honestly wouldn't be sharing any ideas you have with anybody else. Furthermore, the the more people you have in the mix the less chance you have to be profitable.

Also, where the US is the largest consumer market in the world the DR is anything but. Where you might come up with a great idea in the States for a product and millions with adequate disposable income would buy it here in the DR that won't be the case because very few people have disposable income(other than some areas of SD).

Since the DR produces few goods there is the opportunity for importing. Also, many other Caribbean countries are less of a producer of goods than the DR and buy many of their products so the export market is another opportunity.

No pyramid business will work here either because people aren't going to pay more money for expendable goods. That works in the States because again people have a lot of disposable income and thus are willing to pay more for inferior products hoping that they will be the one to strike it rich.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The DR also has an ever increasing affluent sector and because of Dominican culture many are very willing to pay well over market rate prices for goods(based on importing the item from the States). Nonetheless, your inventory rotation will be low as there will be other competitors going after the very small affluent sector too. One or two bad seasons of the year and a high overhead are recipes for disaster. These types of businesses come and go frequently here, at least in Santiago.

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
Hi ichinobond,

I think it's a wonderful idea (on the surface), but you are very short on details.
1. What is the goal of the club?
2. What is the outcome of achieving these goals?
3. How are the club members going to communicate, help each other?

If this is more to open the lines of communication between others from Canada or US interested in the Dominican - I think you'll find a few people here in that regard..

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
my interpretation of the op's idea is to form a group of individual entrepreneurs who can assist each other in their various businesses. basically a network. not unlike a more basic and casual version of the various "private clubs" in the U.S. and elsewhere, where accomplished / successful / wealthy business people come together in a mixed social / business environment and make friends and contacts.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Maybe he is talking about something akin to the Rotary Club, although he made no mention of bettering society. Then again, he made no explicit mention of getting rich either.

Mar 1, 2009
Unless this is a scam, your very ambigious in what your prposing. What are you trying to achieve other than peace in the world and happiness for all mankind. Come on now, lets hear it man. Where's the beef?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No pyramid business will work here either because people aren't going to pay more money for expendable goods. That works in the States because again people have a lot of disposable income and thus are willing to pay more for inferior products hoping that they will be the one to strike it rich.

The DR has a bunch of multi-level marketing firms doing very well, plus a few home grown ones in the beauty and jewelry sectors.

We have a well known one right next door to the DR1 office, Jafra. They have 1,000s of locals in their network selling cosmetic and beauty products.

FYI: Often multi-level marketing company products and services are often superior to the retail counterparts, primarily due to the savings in marketing/advertising and retail space. Thus allowing to be able to spend more on the actual product and service.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I didn't read multi level marketing or pyramid; I heard Mastermind Group, supporting one another to reach goals - not necessarily joint ventures. Did I get that wrong?