Again the question, any Dominicans in Mississippi?

tartesos

Dec 7, 2011
besides me, my wife and kids, any dominicans here?
most of the Hispanics i see are from Mexico, and their food is great, don't get me wrong, but there is not a single Caribbean restaurant in Jackson,ms.
I`m here for 2 years only, have met 2 dominicans and 2 puerto ricans, but that seems about it!

any news you guys may have?

I heard there is a Dominican restaurant in new orleans? anybody knows the name? its worth a drive!!
thanks!

Brendishy

Oct 19, 2010
I'm in Meridian MS and haven't find any dominicans in almost a year. I'm moving to Seattle... MS is not my best place at all.

Aug 6, 2006
Mississippi exports people as a rule. It is rare for foreigners to immigrate to Mississippi, because it is more poor and rural than the rest of the US.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
How on earth would a Dominican find him/herself in MS??? Seriously, I lived there (south of I-10) for 3 years in the mid '90s, loved it. Yazoo, and places like it, on the other hand, are a different story altogether.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Off topic posts deleted - if your response isn't about Dominicans in Mississippi, don't both typing.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
]I'm in Meridian MS and haven't find any dominicans in almost a year.
The best recommendation for moving to MS.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I was born in Mississippi and I have many friends and relatives in Mississippi.
My wife and I left Mississippi in 1970 never to return.

tartesos

Dec 7, 2011
Update 3 years later:
Still not many Dominicans. There are 4 more new Doctors that came in and work at the same hospital I do, that is some progress!
About Dominican restaurants... Live in Madison( north of jackson) have driven in all directions( new orleans+closed, memphis, tn= closed, and dallas tx=none.), On my way back from dallas I found one in shreveport louisiana, called Sabores restaurant( very good reviews online, that`s how I found it, and great food, family owned, felt like home), it is close to the highway( I-20) and the Air Force base.

As far as Mississippi goes, life is quiet and schools are good, you get a good bang for your buck and if you avoid downtown jackson after dark you are very safe.