Looking for Dominican young athletes

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
DOMINICAN ATHLETIC CLUB in Orlando/Kissimmee we are looking for young athletes from ages 8 - 18 to compete in Tournaments throughout florida Area for the following sports, Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Tackle football, girls softball, girls volleyball, soccer...we are not instuctional you must know how to play already...im involved in major tournaments here in orlando fl, but recently I've been asked by the director SEDEFIR of DR to activate our region and develop or organize athletic Dominican athletes... Orlando is the "Meca" for tournaments AAU, USSSA, FTB, YBOA etc all year round... im one of a few Dominican Coaches involved 100% in these events down here ... and im probably the only flag football and tackle football, Soccer, and Basketball Dominican coaches who has won several championships as well... I need athlete's from everywhere in the U.S. let get activo and represent our community out there e-mail me plz...amdujar@yahoo.com Club Deportivo Dominicano Florida Central.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For clarification, are you looking only for young Dominican athletes already in the US?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
daddy

I don't think DR1 is the place for recruiting. I used to live in Orlando and would recommend paying for radio time on one of the two major Latin radio stations or leaving flyers at the local Hispanic supermarkets or bodegas.

Suerte

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
daddy

I don't think DR1 is the place for recruiting. I used to live in Orlando and would recommend paying for radio time on one of the two major Latin radio stations or leaving flyers at the local Hispanic supermarkets or bodegas.

Suerte

I think that because this is something that would benefit the youth community, he may be able to get his message on a Radio or TV show for free.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think that because this is something that would benefit the youth community, he may be able to get his message on a Radio or TV show for free.

good idea.

I forgot to mention the churches and also Radio Luz.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Yes ages girls and boys 8-17...only in the U.S....Puerto Rico with documentation approval of travel.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Hopefully with word of mouth someone who knows someone with an athlete...anywhere that Dominicans gather is a good forum...trust me:squareeye we are going to recuit where ever we can.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
yeah...we got Miami and Tampa radios ready to help out with the message we are picking up quite a few athlete's with there help...we currently have a boys 16 under basketball team, Boys "ALL DOMINICAN" flag football team and boys 17 and under baseball for now but we still have many others to go...thanks for the response spread the word.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Just pass out flyers in Washington Heights. You'll have a busload of athletes in an hour who want to go to Florida.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
yeah i know...but one problem were having with that area is travel money...getting them here is a challenge.