"anabole"

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I keep hearing about this "apetite stimulator" for kids referred to as "anabole" by dominicans.I'm thinking based on the pronunciation,it has to be Anabolic something,which can't be good,also considering that some people claim that you can pretty much get everything from DR's farmacias without a prescription.I know I'm late to the game,but it seems its been making it's way to the U.S. for quite a while.Is it illegal or not,side effects?(not that I would use any of my children as a ginnie pig)I will mention an experience for example.My wife's friend,very slim,used to take "anabole" because back in the days she was too thin and this actually increased her apetite....so with that said,any info or thoughts on this "anabole"? Also,dominicans guys from my gym seem to talk about it a lot,so I'm thinking,it has to be anabolic steroids.I'm just curious on why a doctor will give that to a chid with all the implications involved.Thanks in advanced for all responses,including "DR1" type responses:tired:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
anabolex, made my ethical lab from santo domingo, about 13 pesos per pill. no prescription needed. contains methandrostenolone, 3mg. has a lot of side effects and cannot be used by people with cardiovascular problems, epilepsy, migraines or high blood pressure.
see the info from package (spanish): http://www.ethical.com.do/vademecum/pdfs/Anabolex.pdf
your wife's friend, does she have a set of balls and a mustache yet? coz anabolex ain't good for women.

in any case, if you want to increase the appetite of your kids you can give them few other things. gelnorex (in pills and syrups for kids and adults) contains vitamines b and lisine. here is a link (spanish only): Productos Fabricados por Rangel
apart form increasing appetite it also makes kids very sleepy (another plus, right?). prolyn (in syrup) is another option. there are plenty of meds like this in DR.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
thanks everyone

anabolex, made my ethical lab from santo domingo, about 13 pesos per pill. no prescription needed. contains methandrostenolone, 3mg. has a lot of side effects and cannot be used by people with cardiovascular problems, epilepsy, migraines or high blood pressure.
see the info from package (spanish): http://www.ethical.com.do/vademecum/pdfs/Anabolex.pdf
your wife's friend, does she have a set of balls and a mustache yet? coz anabolex ain't good for women.

in any case, if you want to increase the appetite of your kids you can give them few other things. gelnorex (in pills and syrups for kids and adults) contains vitamines b and lisine. here is a link (spanish only): Productos Fabricados por Rangel
apart form increasing appetite it also makes kids very sleepy (another plus, right?). prolyn (in syrup) is another option. there are plenty of meds like this in DR.

I haven't seen her in years so I don't know,she might have a goatee:D....I tried prolyn,theey sell it here at bodegas,but to no avail.I asked a gastro doc about these products,and he said that there's nothing out there that can actually increase a child's appetite

perla!

Apr 23, 2013
Can someone who really knows about anabolex answer my questions please?! Is anabolex pills bad for a 16 year old girl? she is planning on using it for no more than 2 weeks, at least one pill/day or one pill every two days. Shes 5'1 and have 114 pounds. What would be the effects on her??? thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Can someone who really knows about anabolex answer my questions please?! Is anabolex pills bad for a 16 year old girl? she is planning on using it for no more than 2 weeks, at least one pill/day or one pill every two days. Shes 5'1 and have 114 pounds. What would be the effects on her??? thanks

if is fine if she's aiming to take the title of the youngest bearded woman in the world. other than that i would not recommend it unless it is specifically prescribed by a doctor and the benefits outweigh the risk. it increases the appetite and helps to grow muscle but also it can cause masculinization. at 16 it is better not to mess up with hormones.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

The average dose is 25mg per day over a 6 week cycle. It will increase your appetite and if you are not working out, you will get fat. Some side effects are baldness or increase hair growth, short tempered, high blood pressure, liver damage and gyno (increase fat in the male breast). Anabolex or Dianabol is not to be used for a 16 year old kid or by anybody who hasn't already build some size. The dosage you are suggesting will actually do nothing at all except burn a hole in your wallet.

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004

Why would a growing girl who is 5'1 and 114 lbs want to gain weight? 114 is not super super skinny for a female of her height...and I'm sure her body is still growing/changing everyday.. just curious....

May 12, 2005

Yes! Anabolex is anabolic steroids. Who would let a 16 year old girl take them unless you wanted her to grow facial hair, an enlarged clitoris and a deeper voice.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
My twin girls (30 months) get 5ml Hematin Fol as prescribed by their pediatrician in SD. They both have little brown thin mustaches caused by the liquid as they get their meds, only for a minute until their mum washes their face!!!

In my days, to sharpen your appetite we were treated to a good spoonful of malt extract twice a week, helped keep the cold at bay too !:beard::beard::beard:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that's because hematin fol is basically reinforced iron :) maybe consult pediatrician about a diet change so that they can get more nutrition from their daily food? at two and a half they should be eating everything, i guess :)

malt extract is also available in DR, with flavours.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wow.

I took dianabol in college in the early 70's. It was crude back then with some really ugly side effects.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Leave Them ALONE!!!
Give them a lot of healthy choices on the dining room table.
ONLY fruit juice in our Fridge, most times.
They won't starve.
I give my kids an iron supplement, once a week or so, and a multi-vit, every day or so!
Many dominican children have anemia, so check them out, and use a suplement if needed.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Want big kids, have big parents!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Leave Them ALONE!!!
Give them a lot of healthy choices on the dining room table.
ONLY fruit juice in our Fridge, most times.
They won't starve.
I give my kids an iron supplement, once a week or so, and a multi-vit, every day or so!
Many dominican children have anemia, so check them out, and use a suplement if needed.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Want big kids, have big parents!
"CB", THAT explains it!