Clothing for Dominican Chica...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2011
I am visiting DR for the holidays and will be spending it with a chica that I have known for a few years. I want to bring her some presents from the US but I want to make sure the size I buy here in the states will match up to her size in DR.

For example I was told her shoe size is 6 does that mean I buy a womens 6 in the US?

Bra Size small/medium. I've already contacted victorias secret and they told me the smallest they have is 34B and they go up from there.

Thong/Panty - Medium most places have the size just going to hope it's the same she wears in DR.

If anyone has any input please advise

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Oooooo lucky girl! Well, in my experience, the DR sizes are typically smaller than those in US and Canada. IE, in Canada I'd get an XS (extra small or small) dress size, and here it seems that's a lot smaller! Then again, I'm also 5 ft. 11 so it's hard to find things long enough :)

Anyway, shoe size 6 is a 6 anywhere. Or 36 (if they're European sizing)

Bra sizes don't really come in small/medium...she should know her number! :D Maybe just skip the bra! ;)

Panties, just go with a small or extra small. A thong is a thong is a thong :p

Have fun! Victoria's Secret is always a good bet!
Oh, and ps...you probably already know it, but best not to pack anything wrapped up because they might tear it apart. VS can give you pretty boxes that you can throw it all into after you arrive.

...I do believe I've just given myself away as DR1's most fashion-fanatic member :D

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Ooooo, go the Agent Provocateur route if you really wanna impress! :) Or there's also La Perla. Someone's gonna have a happy Christmas! :D

I prefer Leg Avenue to V.S. A bit more classy and better made. When in doubt, a black silk chemise fits pretty much anyone. If you are going to buy lingerie, don't go to the mall.

There is always Agent Provocateur if you want to blow like $200 on just the bra, Kylie Minogue not included:
Kylie Minogue: Agent Provocateur Commercial - YouTube

I am visiting DR for the holidays and will be spending it with a chica that I have known for a few years. I want to bring her some presents from the US but I want to make sure the size I buy here in the states will match up to her size in DR.

For example I was told her shoe size is 6 does that mean I buy a womens 6 in the US?

Bra Size small/medium. I've already contacted victorias secret and they told me the smallest they have is 34B and they go up from there.

Thong/Panty - Medium most places have the size just going to hope it's the same she wears in DR.

If anyone has any input please advise

Are these gifts she wants or more gifts you would like to see her in? Just saying.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in my personal opinion VS is really crappy in the lingerie department. chicken fillets stuffed into cheap fabric, nothing more. in any case, if your girl is on a small side buy her XS panties. i am not as tiny but i find VS clothes very big, even size S.
bra... useless... all dominican girls say they are 36B as it is seen as a perfect size. this is why the back strap of a bra hikes up all the way to the neck, it's way too big. a thin woman with small titties would have 32C rather than idiotic 36B everyone swears upon.
i would strongly suggest you forget VS and get underwear in la sirena. yes, la sirena. they have a large selection of decent bras dominican women love (all patterns and colours).
but do get a dress or two from VS, they have many cotton beach dresses, perfect for our climate.

do not forget shoes, sizes in DR are the same as in USA. when in doubt check the label and use online shoe size converter chart. aldo has about a ton of different styles, very resonably priced (sale). i bought 7 pairs for less that 150 dollars (for all). the higher the heel the happier the girl :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
the higher the heel the happier the girl :)

Specially if she's a working girl...not saying she is but if the shoe fits...no pun intended. Anyhow I'm outta this thread. Just wasted 2 minutes of my life I won't get back.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gee, i hate to break it to you but women like high heels and heels do not equal ho. aldo has a great selection of very pretty shoes, i have heels, sandals and flats, all cute.
as far as lingerie goes: ann summers has sale now, free worldwide shipping above 35 pounds. yes, ann summers is a sex shop. but their underwear is way better than crap sold by VS.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Too much like work.......

Get earrings. One size fits all!

175.jpg

Katerine

Dec 16, 2012
I wanted to buy some dresses for my self and confused about it . Are there any websites selling nice and comfortable clothings which are fashionable and not so flashy besides.What yo think about it what should i do .

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ooooo, go the Agent Provocateur route if you really wanna impress! :) Or there's also La Perla. Someone's gonna have a happy Christmas! :D

Nah. 90% of dominican chicas never heard of it. Victoria's secret otoh is famous in DR. Heck while walking in a shopping mall in panama, my dominican fiance saw victoria's secret and ran to have me take a pic of her in front of the store.

I agree on skipping the bra. We can order clothes, shoes, pantis, etc etc etc from VS online, but bras I leave to her because they are harder to get the size right.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My better half goes off American sizes, she's a US 5, I think UK 3 and Euro 35, I think, but I always buy the US size because most shoes they buy in the US are likely US sizes.

If you are considering buying an outfit then it is difficult to win. Not just with women in DR, but women in general. IME the best thing to do is use the treat as an excuse for a day out shopping, she will really appreciate that, I'll bet my hat if you turn up with gifts they will not see the light of day.

Some people here can't appreciate the value of appreciation, and I'd also bet that you end up a little pi$$ed that her reaction is not quite what you expected and so could even back fire and ruin your day.

Good luck, but just buy her new Cel phone to bring with you and take her shopping once in the country.

Oh! Remember Dominicans and good fashion sense are not something you should ever put in the same sentence, chances are you will sigh when she picks out what she wants, but as has been mentioned, are these for you or her.
Sexy underwear? never understood that, it comes off in 2 seconds, waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.