renewal of permit now requires doping AGAIN?

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
ok so now u need to do the doping test everytime you renew your gunpermit? What sense does that make? what if your out of the country? how are u supposed to do it then? all of the dominicanos ausentes that have their weapons stored and locked away but yet still send money to family members to do the renewals for them, now what? im telling you the MIP wont stop until all guns are outlawed! then only outlaws will have guns! Horrible! has anyone done this yet? do you have to pay extra for this? (DOPING TEST) if you are out of the country is there a way you can send a letter notarized or something? im curious. jeez a 5 minute process now turned into a Entire Day process?

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
the pee test is RD$1,000.00, is quick but not without an audiance, yes you have an observer verifing it s you actually putting your pee in the cup.

What ever the price, what ever the cost to be armed is to be armed here or anywhere I will be armed at all times! and so should you!

g'luck

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, Also be advised everybody that I know received their new license with an X in the faltas box on the back even though I know of one case where his old license is valid until December 17 and his new license was renewed and issued before that date.

Oct 11, 2010
Unfortunately there is no way to renew firearms permit without taking the doping test. I did it last July in Puerto Plata. $700 pesos and 5 minutes at the lab in Puerto Plata. Very quick and professional at the lab.

Fortunately I didn't receive an X in the faltas box, I renewed after the expiration date. I have heard of cases of people renewing too far in advance and receiving an X in the faltas box. Apparently there is a window of time for renewing before the expiration date. Renewing too far in advance seems to cause problems. I have also heard of people having problems renewing cedula and residency too far in advance.