Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to open a bank account without cedula

Hi.
    Is there a bank in DR that allows open an account without cedula ?
    If yes, whar are the requairments ?
    Thanks

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Others have posted that they opened accounts with their passport

Admin
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do not have a cedula and I was able to open an account at Banco Popular. All you need is your passport. The process takes about a week.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the banks are much stricter now. You may need a letter of reference from your bank, someone in the DR to introduce you to the bank and yes, a passport is all that is required for identification from you. And the process takes about 1 1/2 hours!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

At the Banco Popular you will need the following: Passport, letter from your bank, reference letter from a dominican that knows you preferablly a business owner even better if this person also banks at the banco popular good luck do you live in sosua if yes ask for Fredy Bruno he is the assistant manager there and is very helpful.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I opened an account with Progreso and it was SO easy...I had my passport, plus license for extra ID, and a letter from my employer. Nothing was ever asked about a reference from my bank, although I've heard a lot about that. What a nuisance! I had my account set up within about 30 mins, and the card within a few days. People there were extremely helpful and friendly, and I'm a happy customer

If you aren't gainfully employed here in the DR, then best to get the bank reference letter as back up.

Good luck!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Progresso opened up an account for me with my passport. They also asked for a letter from my bank. My stupid bank in England wouldn't give me one, they said that the request had to come directly from the bank and they don't deal in foreign languages.

I just copied a logo from their website, pasted it on a Word page and wrote my own letter! It worked a treat!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

@Beeza, that's awesome I actually told them I didn't know my address (I really didn't...3 different houses on the same street claimed to be the same number, and who was I to argue ) and they just shrugged and said it didn't matter. In Canada, you can't even replace your bank card without a bag full of ID, proof of address, etc. so this was a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Progresso opened up an account for me with my passport. They also asked for a letter from my bank. My stupid bank in England wouldn't give me one, they said that the request had to come directly from the bank and they don't deal in foreign languages.

I just copied a logo from their website, pasted it on a Word page and wrote my own letter! It worked a treat!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Very easy at Banco Santa Cruz. You need: passport, letter from your bank back home stating that you are in good standing, $200 for US account and $200US in pesos for peso account, and someone who will vouch for you (they need a cedula). We do it all the time with our clients and it takes about an hour.

Bob K

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Banco de Reservas (BanReservas) you only need your passport and 5,000 pesos. Also has the option of US dollars or Pesos account.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast