Shopping From Afar over the Internet to plan of attack.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Well I never went for the "furniture Package".. You know when you buy an apartment in the DR from a developer or resort, there is always the proverbial "furniture package".. Good for some and bad for others.
I'll be renting the car and shopping for my own furniture. Im trying to comprise a list of stores I don't have already, ones I should go too.. I have so far Ilumel/Plaza Lama/La Sirena/Corripio.. If you have some suggestions, please add to my list.. Also are there any other "high end" furniture stores like Ilumel that have a website or facebook page?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Plaza Lama and La Sirena sell the typical gordy over the top Dominican style stuff.

Add IKEA, Comforama and maybe 10 other stores in the space of 10 blocks in Santo Domingo.

You need to post what style furniture you're looking for, then we can point you in the direction of those stores.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Plaza Lama and La Sirena sell the typical gordy over the top Dominican style stuff.

Add IKEA, Comforama and maybe 10 other stores in the space of 10 blocks in Santo Domingo.

You need to post what style furniture you're looking for, then we can point you in the direction of those stores.

Wow! A response from the "Head Honcho"! Thanks!:laugh:
Im looking for modern furniture Ilumel style. Is there are "Bo Concepts" type store?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wow! A response from the "Head Honcho"! Thanks!:laugh:
Im looking for modern furniture Ilumel style. Is there are "Bo Concepts" type store?

IKEA, Ilumel I & II, Comforama (cheap), plus 3-4 smaller stores if you drive around Lincoln, Churchill and the streets in between etc. The selection at IKEA for small stuff, kitchenware, sheets, pillows, lighting etc blows away any other store in the DR.

Today I noticed a re-vamped store on Gustavo Mejia Ricart, 200M east of the intersection with Churchill.
You might also find some contemporary style furniture there.