SHRIMP, LOBSTER Pricing, CABARETE/SOSUA

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hello, I live in Cabarete. Just paid 180 pesos per lb ($4.60) for 5 lbs shrimp, and the same person coming back later with lobster at 250 ($6.40) a lb. If I remember right, I paid 200 pesos per pound in Samana for lobster and also less for shrimp. HOWEVER, this person said the shrimp and lobster are FROM Samana. Does this sound correct??

I don't mind paying a bit more so this person can make a decent living, yet don't want to pay an excessive amount. WHAT DO YOU PAY??

Also, if you do not buy shrimp or lobster from a delivery person, here is the number for Chico, who comes Mon. and Thur. with shellfish: 829-432-1461. I have not tried the number, but should be good.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Hello, I live in Cabarete. Just paid 180 pesos per lb ($4.60) for 5 lbs shrimp, and the same person coming back later with lobster at 250 ($6.40) a lb. If I remember right, I paid 200 pesos per pound in Samana for lobster and also less for shrimp. HOWEVER, this person said the shrimp and lobster are FROM Samana. Does this sound correct??

I don't mind paying a bit more so this person can make a decent living, yet don't want to pay an excessive amount. WHAT DO YOU PAY??

Also, if you do not buy shrimp or lobster from a delivery person, here is the number for Chico, who comes Mon. and Thur. with shellfish: 829-432-1461. I have not tried the number, but should be good.

Excessive amount 180.00 pesos/lb of shrimp? geez , what is the paranoia with these gringos TACA?OS.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I have not lived here long, and whenever I think I can help out, I do, because I don't often have the opportunity to help. Am guessing that at least a few people would benefit from the number.

are you chico's pimp?

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010

I paid the same price per pound for some shrimps off a local guy here in Sosua and they were huge! I hope he comes around again!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The prices seem ok. Sometimes it is a little lower, sometimes a bit higher. If they were the catch of the day, I would gladly pay it.

I do not believe the lobsters came from Samana. Plenty of lobster fishers around between here and Cabrera.