American Citizens Services

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, For those of you who are US Citizens here are the contacts for assistance. If this particular information has been posted before Mr/Ms Moderator please feel free to remove this. It will really help you if you have a problem to think out what you are going to say and not demand what you think should happen. The people who work there are actually very nice with with a lot of patience. Merry Christmas to most of you.
For any emergencies involving American citizens in the Dominican Republic, please contact the American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit of the U.S. Embassy. The Consular Section Embassy is located at the corner of Cesar Nicolas Penson Street and M?ximo G?mez Avenue, Santo Domingo, D.R.; telephone 809-731-4294; after hours emergency telephone 809-221-2171; ACS unit fax 809-689-6142; e-mail acssantodom@state.gov. For more information, visit our web page http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks! Good info. I think I'll print a little card and laminate it to carry in my wallet when I'm in D.R.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I will write that info down for sure!
Then I will flush it down my toilet with all the other $HIT!
The American Embassy/"Consul" is here to take a lot of money from poor Dominicans who think they have achance for a VISA,NOT to help American Citizens!!!!!!
I would be intersted in how they helped you.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"GOOD"!
The "US Embassy" should be in prison!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I am the Warden for the U.S. Embassy in the Cabrera area...everything between Gaspar Hernandez and Samana. You need me, send me a PM and I'll give you my telephone and email information.
What does "Warden" mean? Is that an official,paid position?

I know Ted Foster used to be the Assistant (or some other title) Consul for the North Coast. Is this still accurate? Have things changed?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
What does "Warden" mean? Is that an official,paid position?

I know Ted Foster used to be the Assistant (or some other title) Consul for the North Coast. Is this still accurate? Have things changed?
The term ―"warden" is derived from the World War II ―"air raid warden" who alerted the public to danger. A warden system provides a reliable way for you to reach U.S. citizens/non-citizen nationals in the event of an emergency, disaster, or threat, and to distribute other information of interest to the private U.S. community (changes in section work hours and procedures, voting information, physicians list, etc.).
Wardens are usually, but not always, U.S. citizens/non-citizen nationals resident in the host country who volunteer their assistance to the U.S. citizen community. For example, the principal of the International School may not be a U.S. citizen. The manager of a hotel frequented by U.S. citizens may not be a U.S. citizen.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86562.pdf

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
This is too funny! This are not the first people that I will contact if I need help...

Santiaguero, you are from Santiago and even you should know how the game in DR works jajaja... too funny