TO SHIP TO DR OR BUY IN DR ...

E

Ed and Mame

That is the question. We will have to ship a number of personal items (when we actually move there to live) and we're wondering if we would be better off shipping our computer or buying one there? Any ideas on this one? Thanks! -Ed and Mame-

D

DR-VETERAN

if you have the possibility of storing everything you have in a warehouse it may be a wise decision to do so.i am not so happy to pay customs on personal items.be it what it may be.generally you can buy everything here on everyday items.

personal memory items you may miss but than again you are entering a new phase of live and do you want to burden it with the old?and in case you have to return for whatever reason would you be able to take them back?having it stored "back home" it will be nice to have them ready at hand.
just some thoughts.

D

Duck

Shipping in general could be more of a hassle, although I heard they dropped duty on computers. Just remember that PC you may have bought only 1 year ago is getting outdated.

I would think about getting a notebook just before you come and bringing that in your hand luggage, I've never been stopped with mine.