What happened to Dr. Cooper in Samana, Las Galeras?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I was just in Las Galeras this morning and saw a strange looking homemade bamboo house erected on stilts that was standing on Playa Fronton, Las Galeras. I asked the driver of the boat who owned the house and he said that it was an American guy named Cooper. I thought about it for a minute and then i recalled an American who used to come into the restaurant where i work in Cabarete...he introduced himself as Cooper from Samana. I believe he is a doctor from Colorado or somewhere in the U.S. he told me that he owned a lot of land in Samana and that he was having some problems with government officials, police, or something like that. I have not seen him for about 3 years now. I forgot about him but, he used to come into the Irish Pub where i work every fortnight or so, and then he just dissappeared!! i forgot all about him until this morning when the Dominican boat driver mentioned his name. Anyone know what happened to him?

PS. If this is not the right place to post this then please move it to the correct area. I didn't know where else to post this.

Frank

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
are you sure he is dR. cooper, and not d. B. cooper... the guy who hijacked the airliner and made his escape with a bunch of cash via parachute and never was found???? wouldn't THAT be an interesting chapter to THAT story... escapes with his cash and comes to the dominican republic to hide out and live out his days in the caribbean... LOL I can hear the internet already buzzing with conspiracy theories. LOL

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
CaptnGlenn,

Well, if that's the case and he turns out to be DB Cooper, i want to talk to him about the small tip he always left me at the bar!
:cheeky:
Frank