This could be my First "Sticky" Find!? After hours of searching I found a Directory!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thanks, interesting list, browsing now. :)

Rant start: DR = slowest Internet on the planet, but most of these Dominican Business Pages are full of damn flash animations and take ages to load. Do they use all the same stupid wannabe web designer? I wanna see furniture, not listen to music etc. :( ... rant over. How I love easy on the eye DR1 design!

Well, Contango, of course not your fault, lol.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Ive noticed a pattern in the Local Furniture, Mahogany and Oak...
What is the local Dominican Mahogany called? I think buying local "Mahogany" will be cheaper than buying imported Ilumel stuff? And I will be getting a nice solid wood..

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ive noticed a pattern in the Local Furniture, Mahogany and Oak...
What is the local Dominican Mahogany called? I think buying local "Mahogany" will be cheaper than buying imported Ilumel stuff? And I will be getting a nice solid wood..
Caoba.

Just be aware caoba is regulated by the gubmint to prevent deforestation of a valuable resource. A lot of the smaller caoba manufacturers use illegal wood.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I know everyone is concerned about furniture prices and how it holds up in the climate... BUT... let's not forget about its primary purpose... comfortable seating and/or efficient operation and storage. In the last condo I rented in P.C., they had the usual Unicane rattan stuff. I swear, it was more comfortable sitting on the travertine tile / concrete floor, (which I ended up doing.) Otherwise a nice apartment... but a pile of crap furniture is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of that apartment. I say... go for comfort!!! (Your a$$ will thank you for it!!! LOL)