DS Games

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
I did do a quick search, but didn't come up with too much. We are arriving for the holidays next week, and I am bringing a 2nd hand DS (yes, I know, terribly out of date) as this is precisely what my dominican nephew is looking for. I was able to round up a handful of games but wondering if it will be possible to purchase some there as well? Anyone know? They're cheap now, since it's an old system, so I could get more, but I also don't want to buy and transport a bunch of games if they can be purchased there.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I think you're better off bringing them with you. I remember looking at a game system while I was there and it was 2-3 times what I would pay for it here. I'm guessing the games would be the same. Doubt if anything used that you could find there would be very good, whereas pretty easy to get used ones in good condition here.

prospero

Oct 6, 2009
They ARE more expensive, HOWEVER, you can find something here that you can't find easily in the states (I'm assuming that's where you're coming from). You can get a cartridge with a mini SD card in it. It costs about 100 dollars here (my friend bought his last year). Basically, you can go online find ROMs, which are pirated digitised versions of the games and are available for free, and save them on the SD card, put the SD card into the DS cartridge, put the cartridge into your DS and bam, you have as many free games as you like. It is piracy, though, and if you're squeamish about that sort of thing, don't bother buying games here because they really are more expensive (unless they're used). If you're fine with it, I can find out where you can buy one.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Stealing another person's work,is STEALING!
No different than going into a bookstore ans taking a book without paying!
If you are "Squeamish"?????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
Thanks for the info guys! I will hit the used games bin this weekend. I appreciate the sentiment prospero, but I think I'll stick to the old fashioned, legal way of doing things!