Dutch Hotel Owner Murdered

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

SANTIAGO
A post mortem examination was done in the spot where the body was found (at the banks of a river).
The pathologists maintained that the stage of decomposition required this very action.
Hundreds of people attended the scene...

En plena calle realizan autopsia a un cad?ver en Santiago | Noticias SIN

donP

Crime happens everywhere... so nothing to worry about... most likely something behind the story...

San Jos? de Ocoa

Matan a espa?ol**San Jos? de Ocoa - ElNacional.com.do

SEPULTAN AL ESPA?OL JESUS FERNANDEZ DEL PINO | ~ Ocoa De Frente ~

donP

Santo Domingo / Autopista Las Am?ricas

El Caribe ? Cuartro muertos por tiroteo en Las Am?ricas

Well...

donP

Within two days only two similar fatal accidents happened in which all the cars' occupants burned to death:

3 MUERTOS HISTORIA V?DEO ACCIDENTE CAMARO ROJO MALEC?N PUERTO PLATA | Noticias ENN

Se accidenta Yipeta Infiniti color blanco, solo quedan los huesos de sus ocupantes | Noticias ENN
May all RIP.

Could it be that the cars had an LPG-conversion and thus caught fire so easily and rapidly?

donP

Las Terrenas
An unknown attacker hit a Frenchman in the face with a baseball bat when he was on his way home with his wife on a 4WD ATV.
The victim - who runs a restaurant in downtown LT - had to be taken to a hospital in SD for his severe injuries.

Peri?dico diario de informaciones y publicidades

donP

Swiss Man Found Dead

Sos?a / Villas Ana Maria

En las Ultimas 24Hrs

donPdonP​

Talk about someone with an agenda...​

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
[h=2]Girls Drowned in Hotel Pools[/h]
Sos?a / Cofresi
Within a few days only two girls (11, 7) drowned in hotel pools. :cry:

MUERE AHOGADA MENOR DE 7 A?OS EN PISCINA HOTEL CASA MARINA SOSUA
MENOR SANTIAGUENSE SE AHOGA EN PISCINA DE COFRESI, PUERTO PLATA

donP

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/116462-girls-drowned-hotel-pools.html

[h=2]Macho Killings[/h]
I for one find it very disturbing that so many women have been killed by their male partners in recent weeks.
There are no official statistics but in April one journalist's count had it at 26 for the current year.
Since then at least a dozen more were reported, three alone in the last 48 hours.
What could be the possible reasons for this horrible development?

Otras dos mujeres asesinadas por sus parejas - List?n Diario Digital
atacando: Mujer descuartizada en Sabana de la Mar hab?a venido de Puerto Rico a buscar el matador

donP

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/116273-macho-killings.html

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hey you guys beat me to it. I was going to ask if Donp was the official Dr1 grim reaper cause every post I see from him is about someone getting killed. Maybe he should move to Honduras where he would be able to post at least 20 times a day..."The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) recently reported that in Honduras, 82.1 murders occurred for every 100,000 residents last year – or about 20 murders every day -- a doubling in only five years."

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
DonP, thanks for all the heads up. Just when you feel safe be alert. Be safe and keep a small trusted circle.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
PICHARDO, we could do the same to you with your threads of gazillion and one pictures of a DR apparently only you live in. Where the roads are all perfect, not a pothole in sight. Tall beautiful apartment complexes where there are never any cars in the parking lots, malls with not a shopper in sight, etc.

What's your agenda??????????????

SHALENA

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Edited by Robert.

Chip, I told you VERY clearly what would happen if you responded to SKing outside of the Off Topic forums. Consider yourself Banned for 28 days, enjoy!

I told both of you to add each other to your ignore lists, neither of you did that, so I have now done it for both of you.

Cat herding....

Last edited by a moderator:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The same rhetoric over and over and over and over and over and over, the same things said by the same people over and over and over and over and over.

B in Santiago

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
All of you guys open up an internet newspaper site of your country or state, and publish all the crimes you find in there on this post...

I know I would be quite busy to do this for Belgium. Mind you, this is a national newspaper site (HLN home) and only reports the major stuff, nothing simple like a pimp killing a hooker, or so...

- bloodbath in Liege. Some weaponfreak threw granates in a crowd. 5 dead already, amongst which a baby of 17 months
- passenger throws non-paying customer of train
- fistfight at the end of basketball match
- goalkeeper takes bite out of face of rival

Well, it was a quiet day. After all, they were still recuperating from the weekend.

Another interesting article in that newspaper. One out of every 45 children in the US is homeless. Or 1.6 million children over there are living on the streets. Not pointing a finger at the US, I am sure this is the same in most countries, and probably a lot of them are worse.

My point is that this kind of news is much more important, and deserves much more attention.

Sorry, DonP

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Oh, wouldn't this be THE place to be to post foreigner related news where some foreigners living here don't read local newpapers? I actually came to checkbright now if anyone posted anything on this killing of my fellow dutchman, after reading it in the local news. And Pichardo, even I think he should be cut some slack, and I think there is more sense to his topics then many here would like to acknowledge, isn't the person to talk about someone's agenda

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
We understand Pichardo's agenda - he is Dominican and loves his country.

However, it seems the agenda of some of you that choose to live here or visit is to ridicule anything and everything Dominican. Many it would appear have little invested in this country too. In other words they have little reason to be here. The next question is why even worry about the DR? There are other destinations that await you.

Chip you know and everybody else knows, economics are the reasons. Does anyone think it's strictly or the love of the Dominican people and/or culture. That reason is a bit further along. History repeating...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Condolences to all the families. I've never had a problem. Life is tough everywhere.

Exactly, 123 families with relatives wounded by 1 !!! madman. Forget origin, forget religion... just explain me how to justify something like this...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Perhaps Robert would consider another Forum, similar to the "Off Topic" one for "Crime in the D.R." .

With the Forum "Visible' only to those with 500 or more posts for example.

Just like where I live in the States, I like to know what's happening in my neighborhood.
For those ex-pat's that like to know what's happening locally, I think it's great!

In the States, many local news papers and/or on-line reporting have a section of what crimes were reported in the "local" area the night before.

So, the reporting of crimes by DonP is nothing new, rather he's up-to-date on the same type of reporting done in the States. In some local reporting in the States it's called "Police Blotter", etc. If those articles were not popular and welcomed by the readers, they would not have their own little section to report them.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I understand, similar reporting is done here on a Santiago radio station. My wife had told me in the past that I should listen to a certain station in the morning to know what was going on.

Basically, DonP provides similar English reporting, which is great for those that have difficulty listening to the news in Spanish.

Don

Last edited: