3 More Guns Under The Tree !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I started my holiday shopping late and was trying to buy the baseball / glove and ball package but they were already bought.

So far I was able to get some serious water guns and gave them to Rick at Rocky's and I will see what I can find in Puerto Plata for the girls...any ideas?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
What age group, Mike?

Any age that they will not be held hostage from a water gun!

There is too much buying a girl a doll here so they are mothers at whatever age.

Are there any educational gifts available to enhance quality of life whereby it actually makes sense to do this.

It's the old adage of teaching a man how to fish rather than giving the man a fish for 1 day

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I started my holiday shopping late and was trying to buy the baseball / glove and ball package but they were already bought.

So far I was able to get some serious water guns and gave them to Rick at Rocky's and I will see what I can find in Puerto Plata for the girls...any ideas?

lol... some serious water guns for the boys??? Hey... I love the idea! Wish I would be a lot younger and get one of those....

Unfortunately it looks stupid to run around with one of those like an adult... lol

Something which springs to mind, not even knowing if they still exist, those japanese toys you have to keep alive. I forgot the name, but you had to feed them, change diapers, etc...

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
For the girls you could get puzzles, espec. those with pretty animals or "girlie" flowers or landscapes.

Jack sets, jump ropes and sidewalk chalk also come to mind.

And of course the old "stand buys" of youthful types of hair accessories and/or smaller cheaper bottles of perfume or age appropriate makeup like flavored lip glosses and small inexpensive jewelry pieces esp. those with Hello Kitty or some other juvenile subject to help keep older cousins/sisters/aunts/mothers from wanting to "borrow" it too much. :bunny:

For those girls that are a little older you could just move up the age appropriateness of the hair stuff/makeup/jewelry that is purchased.