Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meeting People in SD

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meeting People in SD

Although I have lived in SD for some time, I have not been able to meet any people. My social activities consist of rollerblading in the parks with my dogs... great exercise and always a good story to tell afterwards but, I am sure that there is more to see and do here.

Looking for ideas - coffee groups, burger night out, movie club, etc.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When living in a new place I have found that work contacts, esp. any local employees are a very good way to develop your social circle. Not that you would necessarily hang out only with them but they will know about local groups such as photography get togethers or other hobby clubs.

Another avenue you might pursue is to start your own burger night out, coffee club group. Ask co-workers to see if any of their extended family or friends would be interested.

(ok that is three posts today - I am exhausted but creeping ever so slowly towards that 500th post)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Join the PLD! Ha! You can take a course at la Alliance Francaise or in your church, the gym bodyshop or el Naco social club they always have events for young adults and individuals. Soon your phone will be ringing off the hook.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT ARE YOUR "DEMOGRAPHICS"?????
    YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO "hang" WITH 65 YEAR OLD "SENIORS",OR PEOPLE WITH 4 YOUNG CHILDREN,OR AS IN MY CASE,"both"!
    MY SISTER-IN-LAW meets a lot of "singles" at her health club.
    Cris Colon

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the advice. Thanks. I am in my 40's and am a single woman with no kids. I have found that most of my coworkers are MUCH younger than I, so what they would do is not necessarily what I would do. I have thought about classes in anything and will look into that with more fervor.

Anyone interested in a burger and beer club?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I am new here too. Would love to have a group to share stories. I am into a burger club?? lol. I use to be a chef so any place that is good and not too pricey I am in. Is there like DR1 social meet?? for SD? Let me know if there are plans.

I am 38, male, Asian.

Liong

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Great let's see if we can get more on board for a social meet. Anyone one else interested? Maybe doing a once/twice a month on a Wednesday night would be fun. PM me if anyone else is interested and we can decide from there.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Would I be correct in presuming all or most with the mention on, 'Burger Clubs'? have to be American?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I follow.... What does American have to do with this....?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he would prefer a"Bangers & Mashed" club?
    Or a "Fish & Chips" club?
    But NOT a "CHIP" from Santiago club,no one would join.
    Why not just set a place,and a time,and see who has an interest,and more important,actually "shows up"!
    "Lunch",at "IKEA" on a Saturday?
    I still want to try those "World Famous",Swedish Meatballs".
    Cris Colon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast