Shipping goods from DR to Europe

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
Not sure if theis is the correct thread, but what is the cheapest was of shipping goods from the DR to Europe (Norway)? I?m asking because my girlfriend is moving here. I read that Condor charges ?20 pr kilo extra luggage - so checking it all in at the airpland would be very expensive.

Anyone know of any shipping companies I can contact?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why don't you look at some proper airline flying from SD? airfrance has a decent luggage limit for transatlantic flights (last time i looked it was 2x25kg) and iberia has 25kg plus extra charge of 60 euro for additional luggage (last time i checked, that is). pays off to fork out more for the ticket itself and bear pains of flying from SD (if one lives elsewhere) just for additional luggage....

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
Acording to their website, airfrance has a 23 kg limit. However, have used them before with over 30 kilos, and didn?t have to pay. But for a one way ticet they are over twice as expensive. Iberia flyes to Norway via England, and then she?d need an aditional UK visa (since they are not schengen country).... Pluss they are also very expensive....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
:(
i used to count on them airlines for my flights home. i only travel about once every year and a half so i need lots of luggage space. darn, how airline fail me with constantly decreasing luggage allowance!
i did a quick search and there seems to be a madrid-oslo connection via berlin (schengen visa).
sadly, your option seems to be either expensive ticket and more luggage or cheaper ticket and a hefty 30 euro per kilo.
i would suggest a return ticket (either open, changable or even just normal). sometimes it is better to pay return fare as it is cheaper than one way.
i moved to DR from london on return ticket and with one suitcase - 32kg. the girl at check-in was a fellow slavic and god bless her, she let me in without any additional charges!