Father Searhing For His Children

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Letter from Yizhaq Kuy to Dominican Today

In 1939 I was in London and received an offer to go to the Dominican Republic. I was told it would be easier to save my parents who were in Vienna at that time. I was unlucky to save my parents but I got to the Dominican Republic in 1940. I was 16 years old at the time. I was lonely and I worked with wild horses. In 1942 I started working in a sausage factory in Santiago.

Then I worked in a bakery in Santiago. I spent some time in Sos?a. When I returned to Sos?a I met a girl named Regina Reyes. She lived with her grandmother in Sabareta de Kangrew (I am not sure about the name) I told her that I did not intend to stay in Sos?a. That someday I will go to Israel. She knew that and accepted it and wanted to have children with me. So we had two kids. In 1948 my son Harry Kuj was born in a nice house in Charamicos, Sos?a and a year after my daughter Monica Kuj was born. I kept contact with my son until the middle of the 1970s. The last time I heard from them they lived in Santiago. I am 87 years old and still looking for my children. I hope to find them and meet with them. On December 17th, 2011 I am coming with my daughter to the Dominican Republic to look for them. I hope you can help me renew my connections with them. I left the Dominican Republic in 1950, after 10 years.
Thank you very much,
Yizhaq Kuy.
E-mail: HayaS@wgalil.ac.il

see post #11

Last edited by a moderator:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well hope it works out, but it doesn't sound he was looking too hard after 1970. Maybe now that he's old and seeing the "end of the line" his conscience is eating at him. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I never understood how someone could just uproot and completely forget about their kids; Your own flesh and blood...

Sorry not in a good mood today. Stuck in Phoenix last night with a cancelled flight...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The subject of the story taken from today's Sosua News is not going to see this thread. If you have a message you want him to see, use his email address. It is at the end of the thread starting post.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe we should not be so quick to "Judge,Lest We Be Judged"!
Or as my "Native American Ancestors" say,"Don't judge a man until you have walked in his Moccasins"!
But,I was thinking the same thing!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I hope that he finds his kids, then I hope he is prepared to pay his arrearages.

SHALENA

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I wouldn't speculate that the man abandoned his kids. They were 20 and 21 when he somehow lost contact. The kids would now be in their 60's.
Who knows what goes on in any family's life to cause such a long seperation?
I wish this man luck in finding his family.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe we should not be so quick to "Judge,Lest We Be Judged"!
Or as my "Native American Ancestors" say,"Don't judge a man until you have walked in his Moccasins"!
But,I was thinking the same thing!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes! :p

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
Israelian citizen looking for his children.

MAYBE WE CAN HELP.

Letter from Yizhaq Kuy to Dominican Today
In 1939 I was in London and received an offer to go to the Dominican Republic. I was told it would be easier to save my parents who were in Vienna at that time. I was unlucky to save my parents but I got to the Dominican Republic in 1940. I was 16 years old at the time. I was lonely and I worked with wild horses. In 1942 I started working in a sausage factory in Santiago.
Then I worked in a bakery in Santiago. I spent some time in Sos?a. When I returned to Sos?a I met a girl named Regina Reyes. She lived with her grandmother in Sabareta de Kangrew (I am not sure about the name) I told her that I did not intend to stay in Sos?a. That someday I will go to Israel. She knew that and accepted it and wanted to have children with me. So we had two kids. In 1948 my son Harry Kuj was born in a nice house in Charamicos, Sos?a and a year after my daughter Monica Kuj was born. I kept contact with my son until the middle of the 1970s. The last time I heard from them they lived in Santiago. I am 87 years old and still looking for my children. I hope to find them and meet with them. On December 17th, 2011 I am coming with my daughter to the Dominican Republic to look for them. I hope you can help me renew my connections with them. I left the Dominican Republic in 1950, after 10 years.
Thank you very much,
Yizhaq Kuy.
E-mail: HayaS@wgalil.ac.il
Source: Dominican Today

Chellow

Jul 27, 2006
I understand their was I happy ending to the story.
Written by: robkuis, 10 Dec 2011 9:00 PM
We have verified that Mr. Kuy is my grand father and we are ready to make contact next week. My father has been waiting for this moment for more than 61 years. I am very thankful for God. When I thought this would never meet my grand father this happen.
see dominicantoday.com story.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
This is such a heartwarming story - I hope it is a wonderful meeting for all members of the family involved.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Eight seven years old. What a story!
Wish we could hear more details, see pictures.
I'm happy for them.