More Canadians in Sosua

Sands134

Dec 7, 2011
Hi everyone, my wife and I arrived here in the beginning of September. We are planning on staying until the end of June for a 10 month stay. We wanted to give it a try. I am 2 yrs from retirement and wanted to experience it in a more immersed situation than just our annual 2-3 week holiday. We do not do the AI resorts but prefer to rent a condo or villa and have done that for the last 3 years in Punta Cana
We decided to try the North Coast for this due to lower pricing than PC. We are in the Sosua area and it has been a positive experience to date. We are experienced travellers who have avoided trouble where ever we roam with the exception of Cuba. Never going to set foot on that Island again, the people were great, their govt leaves alot to be desired though.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
we are Canadians retired (not) in LT. Flights from Toronto are 4 hours and direct to El Catey and year round. Sounds like you should check out why the whales head here every year from Canada. 4000 Canadian whales choose this area so it must have some merit. Well the whales were born here so not so sure on the citizenship actually.

Sands134

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah....Cuba....riiiiiggghht.?.?.?

In 2006 my wife and I plus 2 crew members were shipwrecked off of Caya Coco, Peoples Republic of Cuba. The boat was scavanged by the Cuban Govt after we had been stashed in an Immigration lock-up in Havanna. 4 weeks of incarceration, 1000's of dollars in pay offs, and not to forget the boat: worth a lot of coin, several million infact. Our distress began in international waters, the Cubans told us they would assist. They never did anything but stand on the beach, watch our flares, ignore our radio calls and wait for us to drown in the heavy seas/surf. It is a long story, but in short, never setting foot on that island again.