WTB: Jeepeta or 4 door Truck. Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata

namahs

Oct 3, 2011
I am looking for a Jeepeta or truck with 4 doors, 4 cylinders, manual transmission, 4x4 (preferably), no new paint, decent mileage, preferably diesel but will consider gasoline. No more than $8500 U.S. dollars. It must have been well taken care of. Don't bother contacting me if it has wood screws, zipties, leaks, rust, new paint or if it has been in an accident. I will know, I have been a mechanic for 11 years in the United States. Send info and pics to danielwillie[@]gmailDOTcom

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Look for a Toyota Tacoma or any Toyota with the same engine ( I have the 4 Runner ). Excellent car, although 6 cyl, with a simple engine for which you can find spare parts everywhere. I paid mine 7,500$ last year, it being a 1997 model in mint condition. The mechanic who sold it, gave me a 6 month warranty, which he respected.

I only had one major problem, which were the brakes. All of a sudden, all 4 would lock up, and would not release until the car came to a complete stand still. I went to the mechanic, he tested it, got the scare of his life... lol, and told me he would need an expert to fix this. He took the car to STI, had the brakes fixed, and returned it to me the next day, without it costing me a peso.

Yes, there are honest Dominican mechanics out there.

namahs

Oct 3, 2011
I am still looking. I have been looking at the Toyota 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder trucks. A Hilux or Tacoma would be my first choice.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
look for a Hilux Surf model - this is a Japanese market 4Runner but in diesel variety. These have been imported, changed from right hand to left hand drive. I love mine.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
i'm getting on average about 35 km's / gal. on the highway. Example, I made two trips from SD to Los Alcarizas, then we went north to Nagua and back south to SD. About 615 km's total and i was almost on empty. I bought used, you won't find a new one here since they are only sold in Japan.