Blood Glucose Test Strips

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Does anyone know if Contour - Blood Glucose Test Strips are available here in DR. I tried at many pharmacies but they do not have them.

I tried to get online but shipping to DR is a problem. They have some other products but they are not sure they will get the Strips for them. Earlier I had bought one locally but I cannot buy the strips again.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Did you ask any of the pharmacies to order them for you? Send a PM to dv8, she should be able to tell you if they're available.

Where are you in DR? Maybe some kind soul who's coming down there can bring them to you. I won't be there until February, or I would offer, assuming you're in SD area.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Did you ask any of the pharmacies to order them for you? Send a PM to dv8, she should be able to tell you if they're available.

Where are you in DR? Maybe some kind soul who's coming down there can bring them to you. I won't be there until February, or I would offer, assuming you're in SD area.

Thank you. I am going to try that option. I am In La Vega.

May 29, 2006
The test units are usually very cheap because they want you to buy their strips. Can you just buy another tester?

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Humble; in D.R. the most common strips are One-touch ultra,the strips cost about $.65 each, and readily available all over, their# is 800 227 8862, the may send you a meter at no cost to D.R. is the best option for you I think

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Humble; in D.R. the most common strips are One-touch ultra,the strips cost about $.65 each, and readily available all over, their# is 800 227 8862, the may send you a meter at no cost to D.R. is the best option for you I think

Thank you. I am going to check that. I saw in couple of pharmacies some unknown names and i am not sure about the accuracy. Also they told me that they do not have the strips for that. So I did not buy that. I preferred Contour because they give most accurate results when I compared with the lab tests.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i googled your strips and i gotta say i have never seen them before. but bayer is present in DR so it is possible that supplier may bring them over, i will ask tomorrow.
what is mainly sold in DR is accu-check, medisense and onetouch. but they are not cheap (both meters and strips).

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
i googled your strips and i gotta say i have never seen them before. but bayer is present in DR so it is possible that supplier may bring them over, i will ask tomorrow.
what is mainly sold in DR is accu-check, medisense and onetouch. but they are not cheap (both meters and strips).

Alright, Thank you.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I see the omron tester in all pharmacies.... why do you not google them, and ask for their info. I know that in Belgium you got their tester for free, and it was approved by all insurance companies.

Michan

Jan 24, 2009
Does anyone know if Contour - Blood Glucose Test Strips are available here in DR. I tried at many pharmacies but they do not have them.

I tried to get online but shipping to DR is a problem. They have some other products but they are not sure they will get the Strips for them. Earlier I had bought one locally but I cannot buy the strips again.

If you are interested, I can give you a new Freestyle Lite meter and if you are in a difficult spot I can share other supplies with you as well. I have Levemir as a basal insulin and Novolog for meal coverage. Both are in the pens, but you can still remove from the pens with a normal syringe if you use them. I live in Santiago but can drive down your way if this can help you out. The only caveat is that it is for use, not resale.
Just let me know and happy new year!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
HumbleHindu, I'm flying to SD on Feb 12th, if you want to order them and send them to my home, I will pack them in my carry-on and bring them to you. Let me know via PM if that works for you.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Thanks a lot for your offers. I did find in one pharmacy but that look very old and I bought a new meter which he promised me that he will get the strips all the time.

Thanks again and I am ok for the time being.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
humble hindu; dont use the strips if they are not crispy (no moisture) or your reading will be wrong,as Dv8 said accu-check and one touch are readealy all over and in good condition they will give you a good reading every time. If you ask some in the know about this issue they probably recommend the above brands to be more reliable.