Shipping perishables from dr to usa?

jlf

Dec 9, 2011
Does anyone know of any companies in the DR that are sending
meat ....fruit.... Dairy...or seafood to the usa?
The reason I ask is in order to ship perishables to the US your facility in the DR has to have a haccp plan
which forces shippers of perishable items to follow a plan to keep the food safe
I am trying to ship into the usa and I dont know anyone that can provide this plan
so I thought CALLING some of the companies that send food into the USA could tell me how
they got there haccp plan. Please anyone that knows companies sending fresh food to the states let me know.Name adress and phone of those companies would help me alot greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much
jlf

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
Someone on DR1 exports Indian herbs, spices and fruits to the US and Europe. You need licenses on both sides. Try the US embassy maybe?

Dairy, meat, seafood and produce is a pretty broad spectrum of goods.

jlf

Dec 9, 2011
Competetition

i would expect that anyone who does know wouldn't tell "the competition." but try santiagord here on this forum. He is presumably a us govt official and could help along those lines.
Der fish

i can assure you competetition is a good thing.
Why wouldnt a company thats not sending fish be considered competition

jlf

Dec 9, 2011
Shipping into usa

I dont lie.no need to
i got ahead by being honest
jlf

jlf

Dec 9, 2011
i can assure you that competition is a good thing. But if anyone came to me while i had my business, and they did, asking me questions about how to do this or that i lied to them. That is how i kept ahead of them. Competition is good!
Der fish

no need to lie

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
if you are secure in your business, there is no need to lie. If you do not want to give them the info, just tell them so.

And sometimes competitors can help each other out as well. If the market is there, why not work together, up to a certain extent.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm Afraid I Have Some Bad News For You JLF

Your small business here in the DR is doomed to fail!
Your,"Competition" here are all "Liars",as well as "Cheats & Thieves",and,they KNOW how to get things done with all the government agencies(Lie,Cheat,Steal,and Payoff)
Always remember,
"The BEST Way to leave the DR with a million dollars,is:
To come to the DR with two million dollars.
If you have a Dominican "Partner",HE might make some money,YOURS!
"When a foreigner with money,meets a Dominican with experience,
the foreigner gets the "experience",and the Dominican gets the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC