HELP! Travel from Jarabacoa to Sanchez

KirstenL

Dec 18, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone have information on the best (fastest / safest) way to get to Las Terrenas from Jarabacoa?

This is what I have put together so far but I am concerned about the leg from La Vega to San Francisco de Marcoris.

Jarabacoa to La Vega ? Caribe Tours ? (7, 10, 1;30, 4)
La Vega to San Francisco del Macoris
San Francisco del Macoris to Sanchez - Caribe Tours ? 7, 930, 130, 4

Is it possible to use Caribe Tours all the way from Jarabacoa to Sanchez?
If not, where is the guagua stop in La Vega going to San Francisco del Macoris in relation to the La Vega Caribe tours stop?
Where is the guagua drop off in San Francisco del Macoris in relation to Caribe Tours?
Is San Francisco del Macoris safe in the daytime?

Thank you!!

Kirsten

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone have information on the best (fastest / safest) way to get to Las Terrenas from Jarabacoa?

This is what I have put together so far but I am concerned about the leg from La Vega to San Francisco de Marcoris.

Jarabacoa to La Vega – Caribe Tours – (7, 10, 1;30, 4)
La Vega to San Francisco del Macoris
San Francisco del Macoris to Sanchez - Caribe Tours – 7, 930, 130, 4

Is it possible to use Caribe Tours all the way from Jarabacoa to Sanchez?
If not, where is the guagua stop in La Vega going to San Francisco del Macoris in relation to the La Vega Caribe tours stop?
Where is the guagua drop off in San Francisco del Macoris in relation to Caribe Tours?
Is San Francisco del Macoris safe in the daytime?

Thank you!!

Kirsten

You will have to change buses no matter which way you go from Jarabacoa. How about going via SD? Or did you check out Jarabacoa via Santiago to San F de M? I think the guagua will take you forever, Caribe is the way you, have done good research. SFdeM is safe as anywhere in the daytime, it's a big city.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
the bus from la vega to san francisco probably won't be caribe - just tell the driver to leave you off at the caribe bus station.
caribe is the most comfortable way to travel, but it would be faster to just take "gua guas" - there's a gua gua from san francisco that passes through sanchez fairly frequently. (so if you missed the caribe, there's another option). San fran is a nice place to walk around - it's as safe as any other city (in the world not just DR)

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
You will have to change buses no matter which way you go from Jarabacoa. How about going via SD? Or did you check out Jarabacoa via Santiago to San F de M? I think the guagua will take you forever, Caribe is the way you, have done good research. SFdeM is safe as anywhere in the daytime, it's a big city.

La Vega to SfM is a short segment, only about 40 minutes by car, I think guagua is the way to go; going via SD is a much longer route. I know for sure there are connecting guaguas as a friend of mine used to commute from san francisco to la vega for work, but no idea where the stop is - just catch a taxi at the caribe tours station and ask to go to the guagua stop. San francisco is pretty safe, at least during the day.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i'm telling you - ask nicely and the guagua will TAKE you to the caribe station. the stops are just on opposite ends of the park