Auto glass repair experience in Sosua

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Yesterday whilst trundling to the airport, WHACK! A stone flicked up from the truck in front of me and hit my windscreen. It left a chip the size of a penny right in front of my field of vision.

Great! That's gonna cost me a pretty penny, I thought.

I noticed that there was a new sign "Sosua glass clinic" above the garage next door to Parada El Choco, so I pulled in to talk to them.

It's a new business. Andres, the Italian owner has only been open for a couple of weeks. But he used to fix windscreens in Italy before he came here. He has all the latest equipment and certainly the knowledge and skill.

Within half an hour, my stone chip was gone!

I then asked him if he could polish my windscreen because, over the years the screen had become engrained with dust and dirt and always smeared with my wipers on. He masked up the screen surround, applied a special paste then polished it with his polishing machine.

I now have a brand new windscreen for a total price of 1300 pesos.

He's a really nice fella too, so I thought I'd post here to give him a boost with his new venture.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
l've never seen anyone that could make a chip disappear.
Safelite in the US is very good at it. They saved me from replacing at least 3 or 4 windshields. Not invisible, but unless you knew where to look for tye repair, I doubt you would notice it. I'm sure the same process is available in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did he fix the chip, or change the windshield? l've never seen anyone that could make a chip disappear. That sounds great!

Robert did, for a month I think! LOL

Seriously though, how much does repairing a small crack cost?

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Good Info

Yesterday whilst trundling to the airport, WHACK! A stone flicked up from the truck in front of me and hit my windscreen. It left a chip the size of a penny right in front of my field of vision.

I noticed that there was a new sign "Sosua glass clinic" above the garage next door to Parada El Choco, so I pulled in to talk to them.

It's a new business. Andres, the Italian owner has only been open for a couple of weeks. But he used to fix windscreens in Italy before he came here. He has all the latest equipment and certainly the knowledge and skill.

I then asked him if he could polish my windscreen because, over the years the screen had become engrained with dust and dirt and always smeared with my wipers on. He masked up the screen surround, applied a special paste then polished it with his polishing machine.

He's a really nice fella too, so I thought I'd post here to give him a boost with his new venture.

That really good to know. I drive a lot in that area. Thanks for the informative post.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

1300 pesos for all that was cheap!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Did he fix the chip, or change the windshield? l've never seen anyone that could make a chip disappear. That sounds great!

Just to clarify, he fixed the existing screen using some sort of of pressure gun gizmo, resin, heat gun and ultra violet lamp. I could guarantee you if I asked you where the stone chip was, you wouldn't be able to find it.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Fixing the chip cost 600 pesos. Polishing the whole screen cost 700.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I had Andres fix a crack that looked like a spider, about the size of a Peso last week. I am amazed because even though I know where it was, it’s gone and perfectly clear. Great Job!!