They're back...

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Can someone suggest a nice way to say to Dominican York women that their somewhat oversized buttcheeks hanging out of too-short shorts really is not attractive? Or how do I tell a Dominican York man that the baseball cap does not have to be worn every moment of the day and night?

Last year, a friend came down from the US for Christmas so I had the privilege of standing at Las Americas Airport and watch a Dominican Yorks walk down the aisle amidst the waiting Dominicans. I'm really surprised how the airplanes can get off the ground with the amount of luggage.

This year, my friend can't make it, but I'm really considering going to the airport tomorrow just to watch the show. Who's in?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The luggage thing is nothing nowadays, ever since the airlines started reducing he amount of suitaces you can bring and charging for luggage. Back in the days it was the norm to bring in two to three huuuuge suitcases full of stuff for the whole family (neighborhood really). I confess I was guilty of that when I first came to The US. Nowadays I take a 50 lbs bad or less and don't take stuff to give to anyone (maybe little things like a parfume for my sister). I once saw a family come to the airport with a dump truck to pick up the arriving relatives from NY and the truck was pretty much full by the time they loaded up everything.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Can someone suggest a nice way to say to Dominican York women that their somewhat oversized buttcheeks hanging out of too-short shorts really is not attractive? Or how do I tell a Dominican York man that the baseball cap does not have to be worn every moment of the day and night?

Last year, a friend came down from the US for Christmas so I had the privilege of standing at Las Americas Airport and watch a Dominican Yorks walk down the aisle amidst the waiting Dominicans. I'm really surprised how the airplanes can get off the ground with the amount of luggage.

This year, my friend can't make it, but I'm really considering going to the airport tomorrow just to watch the show. Who's in?

Much as it may be distasteful, it's really none of your business what someone else dresses like.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
The Dominican Republic flights have more luggage then any flights on Jet Blue..I fly standby and there has been a few times when there were seats available but i could no get on the flight because the plan was overweight because of the luggage..

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
The Dominican Republic flights have more luggage then any flights on Jet Blue..I fly standby and there has been a few times when there were seats available but i could no get on the flight because the plan was overweight because of the luggage..

nah mexican flights are WAY worse.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
The luggage thing is nothing nowadays, ever since the airlines started reducing he amount of suitaces you can bring and charging for luggage. Back in the days it was the norm to bring in two to three huuuuge suitcases full of stuff for the whole family (neighborhood really). I confess I was guilty of that when I first came to The US. Nowadays I take a 50 lbs bad or less and don't take stuff to give to anyone (maybe little things like a parfume for my sister). I once saw a family come to the airport with a dump truck to pick up the arriving relatives from NY and the truck was pretty much full by the time they loaded up everything.

The first trip back to the DR from the US has to be like that period. Is a stage that needs to burn..rather quick. I did that too when I went back to the DR back in May, for the next trip I intend on taking our clothes and that's it.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009

Great video. And if the butts I was forced to see last night were like that, I wouldn't have complained. It's the flabby cellulite sagging that is a bit much. That's the difference between Dominican women and Dominican York women. Dominican women who are blessed in the caboose have a firm definition and wear clothes that enhance without giving too much away.

Time for a cold shower now.

PS: In the DR, everyone dresses to impress. If you wear it in public, then it's everyone's business.
(And for some reason, I can't get the multi-quote thing to work).

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
nah mexican flights are WAY worse.

I was on a flight to El Salvador once and they stopped loading luggage because they plane was overweight. I thought a riot was going to break out. The pilot had the luggage in the cargo hold rearranged (something about takeoff). It's okay for the plane to be late, but you may NOT put the lugage on the next flight down.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have had my luggage left behind in Miami and come down on a later flight. It was then delivered by truck to Jarabacoa two days in to my trip.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My Baby Butt

I really think that this "plus size" women think they have a nice curvaceous baby butt. Their bottom is know locally as a "cootshe Moma butt" Too many plantanos, doritos, mango and presidentes. Not very attractive hanging off the back of a skooter. As you know we have a major "crack" problem here. Cover those butt cheeks, por favor. Muchas gracias.

S

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
SH!T, you guys should hang out at Walmart more. If you want proof, just google "walmart people" and see the sights!!!

While this might be poor breeding, or lack of manners, who is to blame??? They were not brought up with Miss Manners or Amy Vanderbilt. They have no idea of the western idea of "culture" or "manners" and as a result what we see seems to be so tasteless that it is bothersome.

However, the rule will have to be: Live and let live.

In my classrooms at the university, I teach the boys that ball caps are for outside, never inside. If they forget I get the whole class to point at them until they remember. Some are so ingrained that the 4 months of the semester go by and they still have hats on when I start class....but they learn a bit.....slowly....

Not to worry. The world will be here tomorrow with greater issues...for sure!!

HB

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Do most of the Dominican Yorks have their roots in la capital?

I'm asking because while at my gate in JFK, the plane going to Santiago was full of all the neighborhood do?as, dressed conservatively.

Across from us was a flight to la capital. It looked like an Aventura costume contest. All young dudes, lounging, sunglasses on. Looking fly, frankly.

I thought it was an interesting contrast.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my christmas flight from madrid to DR. one of the worst winters in europe, mind you. and there was, in imigration line, just in front of me a speciment i cannot forget.
definitely a plus size, not only plus fat but also plus cellulite and plus stretch marks, wearing: black plastic lucites; black satin shorts that showed every nook and cranny of her spacious cilantro; purple satin and lace corset i would consider to be too small even for my curves. the corset was kinda short so i also got a good view of cottage cheese factory belly.
and this creature just got off my flight. from wintery barajas. did it travel looking like this? or did it change on the plane? if so, how was it possible in a small toilet cubicle?

Mar 1, 2009
Oh come on, you don't know how much love goes in them luggages. Abuela brought a guagua full of crap for everybody. And then another guagua for us. It was kinda embarrassing at first to carry all that porqueria. But once you saw all those happy faces, your like it's worth it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Its the differences among us that make life interesting. People are entitled to look as rediculous as they like. I find it very entertaining. If you are offended then dont look.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Its the differences among us that make life interesting. People are entitled to look as rediculous as they like. I find it very entertaining. If you are offended then dont look.

was i complaing? i don't think so. i was recalling a worthy event of otherwise boring journey. hey, not only do i look, i STARE! :)
even more if the a** in satin shorts looks good but alas, it hardly ever happens.