What a joke

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
The mayor in Sosua is supposedly cleaning up the town, getting rid of prostitutes and drugs.

I stay, when I'm here, beside town hall, where the mayor's office is. However you could spit from her office at two whore houses, one of which distributes drugs to mottos all hours of the night. It's getting loud and nasty in this part of town.
Jeezus this town is turning into a ****hole. Too bad, I always liked Sosua.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Was there a time when Sosua wasn't loud, nasty and a sh*thole? With so many beautiful places to visit in the DR, what is your attraction to Sosua vs other parts of the country?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
with over 18,704 square miles of country to explore, why are you complaining of 2-3 square miles ? :ermm:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
We hear that prostitution is legal. And then we read time and again that someone is cleaning up prostitution. Does this mean that someone is scrubbing the girls between clients?
Der Fish

I hit the "Like" button, but it wouldn't work.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I remember when it used to be like that in Puerto Plata (Long Beach) They just plowed it over when the Malecon was redone and that was it! Guess the chica's all moved to Sosua.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
Not saying I agree with women selling their bodies, but their government need to create more jobs so people would have a place to work. If they could support their families with a regular job most of those girls would not be there. Every country I been to its the same story. Its always the poor and desperate people caught up in the sex trade. I even seen it Muslim countries which was a total shock to me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what do you mean "create new jobs"? how? out of polluted air?
and i am pretty sure if the girls had a choice to work hard 6 days a week and earn a minimum wage or to suck d**k for 5 minutes few times a day for good money they'd keep on sucking. hos are not decent girls who just happen to be out of decent work, you know. decent girls ARE working hard already. and hos are sucking hard. end of story.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You misinterpreted in your puritanical mindset. "Cleaning up the town" meant removing the trash and litter from the streets and she has certainly done that. The girls are not going anywhere. Perhaps you who should go somewhere else. There are lots of other places in the DR where you could find fault. Is it perfect? No but its getting lots better and quickly and we like it here just fine.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Not saying I agree with women selling their bodies, but their government need to create more jobs so people would have a place to work. If they could support their families with a regular job most of those girls would not be there. .

Gov't can't create jobs, but they can take steps to "help". In the case of Sosua, it appears that they are trying to make it more conducive to tourism & development. Long ways to go though...