What am I ?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I am oval like an egg, the shape of a passionfruit, my skin is yellowy-green, very thin,smooth and easy to peel , I look like a grapefruit inside pale watery yellow, I taste citrus but can only be eaten whenboiling water poured over as im too bitter.I have been told Im a lemon but have doubtsI could be a pomelo but my skin isnt thick I may be a limequat or a meyer lemon so does anyone know what I am ? the skin is the look andtexture of a lechoza, but have peelable peel and feels squiggy not like a uk lemon I am not ugli enough to be an uglifruit

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Cajone del Toro

matador.bullfight.30.jpg

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Is it this one? It's called Granadillo in the DR, also known as granadilla elsewhere. Granadilla is also the word for passionfruit, a close relation, in some countries.
no im only the same shape,textile and colour- i have segments inside and my outside is soft like a lechoza

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think you are a limon dulce. Grows in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, so can be moved out of clown bin!

33ug8iq.jpg

They are sweeter than lemons with softer and thinner skin, but still segmented inside

Matilda

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
lol i got a message saying it was moved --hohoho happy christmas

by the way matildas post seems to have found the answer- would appear to be a sweet lemon- grapefruit/lemon cross , i did some googling after her reply and looks the most likely

i also found a load of other citrus fruits I had never seen or heard of