Playa Esmeralda

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Here are some pics of one of my favorite beaches/getaways in the Dominican Republic. Playa Esmeralda is located east of Miches. The road is in horrible conditions but the the beauty that awaits is well worth the trip.

esmeralda.jpg

emsmeraldapalms.jpg

esmeraldabeach.jpg

esmeraldacoco.jpg

Esmeraldafire.jpg

esmeraldafisher.jpg

Esmeraldafoot.jpg

esmeraldapalm.jpg

Esmeraldastorm.jpg

esmerladaview.jpg

esmerladashelss.jpg

Last edited:

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you
This is so beautiful, we are in Cabarete, how far is this from us. How do we get there????

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
esmeraldacoco.jpg

Shalena, calm yourself. Remember all the comments you have made concerning older men with young women.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Thank you
This is so beautiful, we are in Cabarete, how far is this from us. How do we get there????

From Cabarete, the drive is pretty far and I'm not sure if it's better to drive through Santo Domingo or take the Samana highway. Maybe someone else can give there take on this.

Either way, from the Autopista Internacional Las Americas passing by the SD airport, drive until San Pedro de Macor?s until you see signs for Hato Mayor. Turn left towards Hato Mayor. From Hato Mayor follow signs east for El Seibo. From El Seibo, look for signs directing you north to Miches.

This road is actually in much better condition than the road I took from Bavaro, passing by towns like Nisibon and Las Lisas.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband remembers taking a ferry from Miches to Sanchez many years ago - does that still exist?

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Well it is evident why this place is so beautifull and pristeen, no one can get to it....I looked into hotels in Miches and tours and not one mentions Playa Esmeralda, dit find a nice Dude Ranch called Rancho Cueva though.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Your best bet is to stay at Coco Loco Hotel in Miches. It's right on the beach, although the beach at Miches is nothing to write home about. In any case, the caba?as are simple with hot water and ceiling fan. The restaurant is very good with fresh seafood and even pizza. Breakfast is included in the price of the room with natural jams, sliced meat, coffee, juice and bread.

Cocoloco Beachclub Miches Page 3.

Coleman

Oct 17, 2012
Some of the links are seems to be dead. They are not working properly.
I mean, they are not responding.
I'm facing the problem somewhere else in the same forum.
Is something wrong with ip?