Santiago International Airport: 2:00 a.m.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting experience this is. We checked in first at Spirit, real quick. All our stuff had been done on-line. No sweat. Went to Migration, went through, and noted that the checking of the documents was pretty thorough.

Upstairs, the freaking coffee with milk was $3.00 and a ten peso bottle of water was $1.00. Coffee was so-so..but hot.

I have a bunch of television shows on my laptop, saved during the last two weeks. Then I decided to try and see if the WIFI was working at the airport, and lo and behold they have a very good wifi connection...really. Not all that fast but it works.

Got some work done and sent it in. Great, nothing pending for tomorrow (today really).

So just get on the plane in an hour or so and we'll be in FLL at 6 a.m.

Thought this might interest a few of you fliers out there.

HB...on the way to Wally World....hehehe

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
My family and I flew earlier this year on Spirit on the few daytime flights they had back in February...didnt take any chance, got the big front seats and paid the baggage, still came to half of what AA charged back then...it went pretty smooth!

Have a good trip!

Chris in Kendall

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Happy Holidays, HB!!

Thank you (all of you really) for all your Santiago advice during the year. I do miss it that place.

$3 for an airport coffee? To quote my eloquent host dad, "Shiiiiiiit....qu? se vayan pal enfierno!"

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Enjoy your vacation! I have Tmobile here in the US and everytime I am in DR I can call to the US for free. How? Well, my phone was Wifi calling so when I am at a wifi hot spot it simply uses that connection to connect to Tmobile then places the call.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
.........Upstairs, the freaking coffee with milk was $3.00 and a ten peso bottle of water was $1.00. Coffee was so-so..but hot............So just get on the plane in an hour or so and we'll be in FLL at 6 a.m.

..hehehe

In the Puerto Plata airport the bottled water is $2.00!