Cabarete Mayor Arrested

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very interesting. Let's see what happens next.

- Is he out as Mayor?
- Who takes his place?
- etc..

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
He will move to Santiago with Big Eddy and commute to Caberette with the rest of the land scammers.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Makes for a good headline, but this is a story about 2-3 years old isn't it?

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Only about $6 million US missing in Cabarete

It appears that almost $6 million US has gone missing during Canoa's time.
Will anybody care?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Makes for a good headline, but this is a story about 2-3 years old isn't it?

While what he has done has been over time, the story of this week is his apparent arrest for corruption.
Are there confirming reports about his arrest?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So I BELIEVE, because of some blog from a person that has a personal vendetta against Canoa.......oh yea right I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I read on the internet......but I did see Canoa driving his jeepetta around Cabarete today........so much for being in jail..... and wasn't he elected mayor in 2010 and before that Cabarete was under the municipality of Sosua.... oh most people don't know that either...... as far as the original story goes I hope he gets whats coming to him for destroying the lagoon

cabaretenoticias

Nov 21, 2011
While what he has done has been over time, the story of this week is his apparent arrest for corruption.
Are there confirming reports about his arrest?
Im am working as I type to get confirmation of his arrest, my skype bill is going up this month, but I will not stop, I fly to the DR in 2 days from now, if any of you get info before me send me a message please, Gracias Juan

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
So the moral here is: drawing weapons of destruction and extortion of business people is not enough to get you in trouble here, but be careful of how you treat the lizards and the turtles. I think we need the environmentalists in to teach us how to revamp the attitude towards handling street crimes.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
So, let me get this straight...

Apparently everybody agrees the major is a crook. Somehow he got re-elected in 2010, probably with the use of heavy-handed methods.

But somebody wrote he was arrested, then it was not confirmed, then somebody saw him drive through Cabarete today...

Sounds to me like somebody should get his facts straight before publishing them on a board... seriously...

This sounds like one of those stories published by trash magazines and newspapers...

Get your facts straight, and then publish it as otherwise you open yourself wide for slander prosecutions

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I would not expect this guy to be in jail for more than 5 minutes unless he tried to kill Lionel in front of hundreds of witnesses, thats how it goes down here. The fact that he is free at the moment means nothing as to his being arrested.

cabaretenoticias

Nov 21, 2011
To the poster of this thread, the story that was posted in Hispanola.EU was a two year old story and posted as if it just happened on Saturday, then you posted it as if it just happened, please remove this thread. Lets stick to the real news. Thank you Juan Cabarete Noticias