Wind, rough seas... is this normal for this time of year?

Normal

Oct 16, 2011
I'm looking out my window at the rough water wondering if this is normal. I just don't remember it being so rough this time of year. I went to Playa Macao over the weekend and was afraid to go into the water.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~It looks like there is a low pressure system to the North East of the Punta Cana area bring in winds about 17 MPH from the ENE which will make for rough seas....odd weather all over the place....the Mountains are Muy Frio with this system as well....be greatful its warm on the East Coast!!!;)

~Hey take advantage of it....surfs up...grab the board and hit the waves....

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
this time of year theres always waves, due mostly to noreasters off the coast of the US, when the cold fronts come down into the caribbean it can be locally windy and nasty. I'd stay on the beach if you arent very experienced/ in good shape, I've been surfing most of my life, and macao is one of the more dangerous beaches I've seen. The water looks super clear and inviting if the sun is out, but there are lots of channels on the bottom, that make some of the worst runouts Ive ever seen. Ive personally pulled 5 people out of the water there, and two of them were "salvavidas".

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Ten?a

Translation

... from which we read:
"...tapeworm several years residing in Cost?mbar,.. "

But the system cannot be blamed really, it's not 'tenia' but 'ten?a'.

Time to learn Spanish, I guess... :disappoin

donP

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
... from which we read:
"...tapeworm several years residing in Cost?mbar,.. "

But the system cannot be blamed really, it's not 'tenia' but 'ten?a'.

Time to learn Spanish, I guess... :disappoin

donP
That's priceless - I have to add that to my anti-automatic translator ammunition cache, along with 'spinning bottoms' for 'fondos revolventes' (revolving funds).