Paying your Orange bill over the web

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've recently found out that you can pay your phone bill over the net. It was always a hassle paying my bill as it always had be in cash at a local Orange store. A little bit behind the times for a telecoms company!

You have to register your card before you can pay your bill, but it won't let me register my card. I think it's because my card is foreign.

Has anyone successfully used this service?https://www.orange.com.do/web/guest/personal

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I tried the same thing about 6 months ago and had the same problem where it wouldn't save my (foreign) credit card. A friend tried her (dominican, not sure credit or debit) card and it didn't work either.

I would be really wary of leaving your credit card details with those companies, especially online, especially for any kind of recurring billing. Claro, for example, just simply steal my money when I try to pay for prepaid mobile internet online: the daily rate is 64 pesos but they tend to just zero out my balance and they may (or may not) actually provide any service.

john_tn

Jan 20, 2010
Paying Orange bill over web

A few months ago, I tried to pay my Orange bill using a US Bank issued credit card. The website took my credit info and made a small (less than 20 peso charge). In order to validate the credit card, you have to enter the peso amount of the trial charge (a number between 1 and 20). My bank website and bank could not tell me the amount of the charge. So, I could not validate the card. I sent Orange an email about the problem, but never got a response. The process seemed to work if there is some way to figure out the trial charge in pesos.

john_tn

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Been doing it for ages online, works great, never an issue. Also, if you have a Banco Popular account you can add them and pay them online via "Pagos".

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Only with local credit card

You can only do payments over the web with a local credit card, after registration.
Foreign credit cards are not accepted.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Go to an Orange office (with a decent customer service... not everyone has it...), ask them to setup a "debito directo" for your bills, may it be cell, FlyBox, BB and so on... Then your only job is to have enough funds in your account... I have been doing it for ages... Not a single problem... Once it is setup, you can forget about it...