Blood type B-

Aug 21, 2007
The brother of a Perla Marina security guard was viciously attacked several days ago. He remains in the hospital in La Vega in need of B negative blood. The family secured one pint of this blood type in a blood bank in Santo Domingo, but currently is unable to locate the additionally needed blood.

I see on the dr1 blood registry that there are a few individuals with this rarer blood type on the North Coast. If you are one of these people and you currently are in the DR and you have the time during this busy season to give assistance to this man by donating your blood, please let me know.

I, too, am busy right now and may not respond immediately. However, if we locate a donor, I will make the arrangements for the donation and delivery of blood to the patient.

Thank you-

Lindsey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Lindsey, you might want to sent a PM or e-mail to those on the donor list with B- blood. They may miss the thread, especially at this time of year.

Aug 21, 2007
Greenguy-

Thanks! I sent you a pm with contact information for me. I am headed to CMC now to discuss details with them. Will keep everyone informed of our progress.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
One update. CMC is unable to act as a blood bank for other institutions, since transportation of blood must be done under controlled circumstances. In the meantime, I was able- via Roberto Spitale of CMC- to locate a doctor willing to take this project under her wing and locate a donor or blood in La Vega.

Many thanks to those who PM'ed me. You offer of a life giving Christmas gift, while not able to be accepted, was appreciated beyond measure.

Thanks, dr1, Readers.

Lindsey