Stay safe: stay home.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Just got back from a quick last minute grocery run to San Cristobal.

Maybe I'm suffering from selective memory, but I don't remember it being quite so crazy before. Saw three motorcycle-on-motorcycle wrecks (no injuries, lots of yelling and hand waving), saw at least two drivers who were either drunk or seriously distracted by a swarm of bees in the car, and many pedestrians stepping out in the middle of traffic as if cars had not been invented. Not to mention the big trucks speeding down the road to get home before the night is over.

I'm afraid it is going to be a banner year for traffic incidents. Certainly hope I'm wrong on that one.

At any rate, to have a safe and happy ________ (insert one, more, or none of the following: Christmas, Hannukah, Winter Solstice, Festival of Lights, Kwanzi, weekend), I recommend staying home and off the roads as much as possible.

Peace to all.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
For the last week or two the traffic in Santiago has really been heavy.

Happy Holidays to ALL!

Been that way here in Canada, went to the mall the other day and it was a complete zoo.
zoo2.gif

Happy Holidays to ALL!

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Traffic is heavy here in Florida, but so freakin' organized it is giving me culture shock in reverse...Nobody is diving out in front, squeezing into the two-car space I left between me and the car in front. Driving a 2012 Nissan Rogue...nice wheels...

But stores are not all that overflowing with people, and there is parking...ah, the wonders of Never Never Land...

HB

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Traffic is heavy here in Florida, but so freakin' organized it is giving me culture shock in reverse...Nobody is diving out in front, squeezing into the two-car space I left between me and the car in front. Driving a 2012 Nissan Rogue...nice wheels...

But stores are not all that overflowing with people, and there is parking...ah, the wonders of Never Never Land...

HB

I am pretty sure everybody in Florida is talking about this crazy guy in the Nissan Rogue...

I think Playero was giving everything for free today... it was a madhouse

Everybody have a nice and safe holidays

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just got back from a quick last minute grocery run to San Cristobal.

Maybe I'm suffering from selective memory, but I don't remember it being quite so crazy before. Saw three motorcycle-on-motorcycle wrecks (no injuries, lots of yelling and hand waving), saw at least two drivers who were either drunk or seriously distracted by a swarm of bees in the car, and many pedestrians stepping out in the middle of traffic as if cars had not been invented. Not to mention the big trucks speeding down the road to get home before the night is over.

I'm afraid it is going to be a banner year for traffic incidents. Certainly hope I'm wrong on that one.

At any rate, to have a safe and happy ________ (insert one, more, or none of the following: Christmas, Hannukah, Winter Solstice, Festival of Lights, Kwanzi, weekend), I recommend staying home and off the roads as much as possible.

Peace to all.

If you were at La Sirena in San Cristobal, I find it's always a bit nuts there, I can only imagine the craziness with La Noche Buena preparations. Something should be done about the two skinny lane road in and out of there.

Today I stopped at a shoe store, then spent the afternoon at the gym - which was empty. When I got back on the road, it was like a free-for-all, I actually felt like I was in DR a few times!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
NY the same. I saw 4 accidents while coming home. Stay safe and no drinking and driving. :)