Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gun magazines (clips) allowed in luggage through customs?

Is it allowed to bring through DR customs, from the US, empty ammo clips for a shotgun? Are there airline restrictions, or restrictions from the US side? I do have a DR gun license for a shotgun.

What about shipping it via Business Mail and Cargo?

Moderator 🤡 Clown Bin
    Post Thanks / Like

Click link: TSA Regulations and here: More TSA Regulations

I seem to remember reading on the forum that the D.R. does not allow "Gun parts to be imported".
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 12-24-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't recommend it.

However, if you like to take risks then...put the mag clip in your luggage. If TSA doesn't grab it and pull you off the plane (likely) when you get to the DR you take it out of your luggage and put it into your computer bag / handbag. Those are hardly ever searched here on arrival. Of course in both cases you are flirting with the law that can get you in a situation likely more complicated than you want to.

Legally? Can't do it. Illegally? Anything is possible...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would worry about the TSA. Like the last poster said this could be big trouble with the current atmosphere at US airports. In the DR nothing would happen other than them possibly taking it from you if they find it.

See if you can check with the TSA somehow about this before you go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive packed several stun guns in the past and never had a problem, of course its not a "clip" for live rounds...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how the TSA would notice it in the luggage, they would have to realize what it is from an x-ray?

7. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Moderator 🤡 Clown Bin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    Not sure how the TSA would notice it in the luggage, they would have to realize what it is from an x-ray?
    Have you never taken noticed of the TSA X-ray screens, they are not black and white images.
    It may just depend on what "COLOR" it shows up as on the TSA color x-ray screens.

Regardless, it is never allowed in "Carry on luggage".

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if it would be better to ship them via Business Mail and Cargo, maybe with a home made invoice that says its something else.

10. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

T.S.A. is not your problem. they are allowed in checked luggage following the guidelines. must also be allowed by the individual airlines... have no idea about customs in the D.R. though. THAT would be your legal hurdle.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

good question! i wouldnt mind buying a few mags from here (the u.S.) and taking them for my high power clone! Try in your checked luggage On the side Mag Face up (Not Flat Down) In the corner. if its in your checked lugage you shouldnt have a problem (over here in the u.s.) over there it depends. yes it is illegal According to the Ley 36. But ive taken small parts for my hi power clone and they never even noticed. try it like that and see what happens, the worst that can happen is they take it from you (now for the holidays anyways) Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast