Gun magazines (clips) allowed in luggage through customs?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Is it allowed to bring through DR customs, from the US, empty ammo clips for a shotgun? Are there airline restrictions, or restrictions from the US side? I do have a DR gun license for a shotgun.

What about shipping it via Business Mail and Cargo?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I wouldn't recommend it.

However, if you like to take risks then...put the mag clip in your luggage. If TSA doesn't grab it and pull you off the plane (likely) when you get to the DR you take it out of your luggage and put it into your computer bag / handbag. Those are hardly ever searched here on arrival. Of course in both cases you are flirting with the law that can get you in a situation likely more complicated than you want to.

Legally? Can't do it. Illegally? Anything is possible...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would worry about the TSA. Like the last poster said this could be big trouble with the current atmosphere at US airports. In the DR nothing would happen other than them possibly taking it from you if they find it.

See if you can check with the TSA somehow about this before you go.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Ive packed several stun guns in the past and never had a problem, of course its not a "clip" for live rounds...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Not sure how the TSA would notice it in the luggage, they would have to realize what it is from an x-ray?

Have you never taken noticed of the TSA X-ray screens, they are not black and white images.
It may just depend on what "COLOR" it shows up as on the TSA color x-ray screens.

Regardless, it is never allowed in "Carry on luggage".

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
T.S.A. is not your problem. they are allowed in checked luggage following the guidelines. must also be allowed by the individual airlines... have no idea about customs in the D.R. though. THAT would be your legal hurdle.

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
good question! i wouldnt mind buying a few mags from here (the u.S.) and taking them for my high power clone! Try in your checked luggage On the side Mag Face up (Not Flat Down) In the corner. if its in your checked lugage you shouldnt have a problem (over here in the u.s.) over there it depends. yes it is illegal According to the Ley 36. But ive taken small parts for my hi power clone and they never even noticed. try it like that and see what happens, the worst that can happen is they take it from you (now for the holidays anyways) Good luck!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Yeah the TSA regulations state that gun parts like ammo magazines have to be together with the gun when checked.

To hide it, its a 10 round shotgun magazine so its pretty large (for an ammo magazine) and I won't have space to pack it standing up, but maybe at an angle. If the only penalty is that they will take it away, I would do it.

On the DR side it would be pretty easy to take it out of my checked luggage and put it in my briefcase where they never check.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Every package sent thru BM Cargo is opened and inspected by Aduanas, so you MAY NOT receive it on this end. Good luck!

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
I just recently purchased a 10 round magazine back in the states and shipped thru BM Cargo, no problems!

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
Have you never taken noticed of the TSA X-ray screens, they are not black and white images.
It may just depend on what "COLOR" it shows up as on the TSA color x-ray screens.

Regardless, it is never allowed in "Carry on luggage".

Yes, everything shows up very clearly what it is now ,,,its modern technology,

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
i have shipped alot of items, small to 10,000 pound machinery, No one can really say what will happen. It seems like its always a new experience when you ship something large or small.. Sometimes i go through customs and they wave me right on through and stamp me because they know me. other times they want to check everything. Machinery is not supposed to be taxed but then sometimes they say you owe us 400.00 or 600.00 jajajaja or you need to change the BOL because the name is off one letter. it just depends

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
MY WIFES STANDARD ANSWER IS
PONERLO EN CON SU ROPA INTERIOR SUCIA put in in with your dirty underwear
JAJAJAJAJA

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I just recently purchased a 10 round magazine back in the states and shipped thru BM Cargo, no problems!

what did you declare it as, and did you make up a creative invoice?

this is all theoretical of course....and i dont know who is using my computer . or yours. these days.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
TSA recently tried to deny entry through security my best friend's daughter, who was wearing a ring with a tiny gun on it....(I am talking about maybe half inch, you can barely see it) .she's like 20 something and very innocent looking, my buddy just about went ape **** and donated money to the NRA because of it, and he doesnt even own a gun. She should have worn a .....I wont go there.